cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change amount of contract

Susanne T Member Since: May 17, 2016
1 of 8

Hi,

client and I have agreed to reduce the amount on the contract. How can we go about doing that?

I'm sure the information is on the website somewhere, but I just couldn't find it.

Best regards,

Suzytino

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 8

Hi Susanne,

Please see this Help Article, you can find explanation for hourly and fixed price contracts.

Untitled
Mate F Member Since: Oct 28, 2017
3 of 8

I don't find the answer for my issue. How can we reduce the full "Agreed" contract amount when me and my client are agreed on reducing the payment?

We agreed on 2155 USD at the begining, but we found out that we miscalculated something, so he paid the correct amount (2046 USD), but there is still remaining 109 USD due to the original agreement, which I don't want him to pay:

Képernyőfotó 2018-02-07 - 10.01.42.png

So who can reduce the "Agreed" amount and how?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 8

Hi Mate,

You wont be able to reduce the agreed amount but you can both close the contract if the project is finished.
In this case when a contract is closed you will receive a refund request, as you have already stated below (you don`t want the remaining funds), you will need only to approve the refunds request and the contract will be ended.

Untitled
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
5 of 8

Are you already hired for the job and is the amount funded, or is this just a proposal right now?

If it's just a proposal, go to the proposal in find work - proposals, click the proposal and click propose different terms button on the right side. Enter the new amount, terms if any and click done. 

Amit W Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
6 of 8

Hi, this is an old question but others may find the answer useful.

This is for fixed-rate contracts.

If you have a fixed-rate contract with a client but then need to charge a lower amount, here is what you need to do.

Go to the 'Milestones & Earnings' tab and submit a payment request. On the pop-up that comes next, you can edit the payment amount.

Hope this helps.

Housain A Member Since: Dec 2, 2020
7 of 8
  1. Click the My Jobs tab
  2. Find the contract you want and click more options (...)
  3. Choose Terms and Settings
  4. Click the ✎ next to the current rate
  5. Enter your new rate. Remember the client only sees rates including the Upwork Service fee
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 8

Housain A wrote:
  1. Click the My Jobs tab
  2. .....

Why are you responding to a years-old (!!) and long answered question about reducing a fixed rate (!!) contract price with info about how to reduce the hourly rate of an hourly (!!) contract. Which you didn't even write yourself but copy-pasted?

Why is someone called Housain using Paulo Dybala's profile photo?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS