🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to change an email address
Page options
cf36be4f
Community Member

How to change an email address

I am trying to change the email address associated with my account, but don't see an option to do so since it uses Google to sign in automatically. 

27 REPLIES 27
AndreaG

Hi Jessica,

Since you are using Google sign in you'll need to first disconnect this from your Connected Services. If you still want to use Google sign in with a different Google account, you'll need to re-connect there with the new account. And separately, you can update your registered email by going to Settings > Contact info.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cf36be4f
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! I might be missing something, but when I click on
either contact info or connected services it takes me to the password and
security page. Is there another place to change it?

Thank you

Hi Jessica,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? Please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
cf36be4f
Community Member

I was hoping that was it, but unfortunately, it did not solve it. I did
clear my cache and cookies in the advanced settings but when I click
contact info or connected services, it still goes back to the password and
security page.

Hi Jessica,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cf36be4f
Community Member

Thank you!
ab06e87f
Community Member

Hi, I am facing the same issue.
Can you please help?

Hi Purvi,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f7c1161e
Community Member

I have the same issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Virginia,

It looks like you were able to update your email address. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1841a7f3
Community Member

Hi, I am facing the same issue. please advise

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork
4f6e21d3
Community Member

I am experiencing this very problem. I am unable to change my email address and unable to disconnect from Google sign in. Please advise.

Hi Keith,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
78963fb8
Community Member

Hi, I'm facing the same issue. The section of "Connected Services" won't open, and I need to change my email id urgently.

Could you please help me asap?

Thanks

Hi Mitalee,

Just to confirm, are you able to access your Settings page? If yes, you will need to go to Settings > Contact Info > Account and update your email address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Yes, I can access the settings page. But the section for "Contact Info" redirects me to "Password & Security". I logged in using Google, but I have an issue with my Google account and need to change it to another email. Thanks.

Hi Mitalee,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your email address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

That would be great.

Since my registered email is not working, would they get in touch with me via the platform? Or is there another way?

Hi Mitalee,

When a support ticket is created you can access it through our Help Center on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am currently experiencing the same issue and I need to change my email address. Please kindly assist me.

Hi Damilola,

Could you please send us more information about your issue? As you are using Google Sign-In, to change your email address, you first need to go to Settings > Connected Services and disconnect your Google account. After that, you can go to Settings > Contact Info and update the email address under the 'Account' section.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I tried this but I was redirected to the Security and password and I could not disconnect the Google sign in when I clicked on it.

Hi Damilola,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if you're still being redirected?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
trevor2
Community Member

Same problem.

Hi Moh,

I checked and it looks like you've not enabled a Security Question yet. You'll need to do this in your Password & Security Settings before being able to access the rest of your Settings.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
600cb570
Community Member

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths