cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to change country of residence

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
71 of 115

Hi Keysha, 

I have updated your country to the United States as you have requested. You should now be able to update your address accordingly.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Quoc C Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
72 of 115

Hello Valeria, i cannot change my country to vietnam. It looks like selected as US by default.

Please help on my case Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
73 of 115

Hi Quoc, 

The team will get in touch with you with more information about your account.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Gulfam H Member Since: Feb 14, 2020
74 of 115

Hi Dear!

Thanks for your  "Speacial From my heart"

again thanks for help

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jennifer H Member Since: Apr 30, 2012
75 of 115

No problem. I'm not sure about that, oDesk seems to be changing a lot on the site.

I have been a member for over two years and I was asked to verify my phone number by text yesterday, when I've never been asked to do that in the last two years.

Because there has been a lot of fraud recently, I think they are going through extra security measures, so I would just call and see what a rep says. You should be able to get in touch with someone over the phone, immediately.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
76 of 115

Hi everyone!

I've changed my country/residence about 15 months ago and didn't have a problem. I simply contacted support and they asked me to send proof. I'm not sure if I remember it right but I think I sent my passport photo and proof of billing address. Sometimes they would ask you to verify your phone instead (happened to a friend). It's really a fast process. Mine took only a matter of minutes Smiley Happy

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Alex Lane S Member Since: Jan 2, 2015
77 of 115

Good day! 

I am new in Odesk and I suddenly have to go back to the Philippines. When I created my account in Odesk, I am still in Philadelphia. How will I contact support and change my location? Please help me and thank you very much! 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
78 of 115

Just tell people you live in "Philly".

That works for both places. Problem solved.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
79 of 115

Hi Alex Lane,

You can edit your location in your User Settings. You may need to complete an ID verification once you send the request to change your location. oDesk Team will inform you about further steps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Marvin G Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
80 of 115

Hello, how do I actually change my country? I was at school in the U.S but now am back in Africa, I see there is a contact customer support but I don't know how to actually get in touch with them.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS