cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change country of residence

Patrick P Member Since: Jul 8, 2018
21 of 112

Although its been asked like 15 times in this thread, there's still no good answer - How do I change my country of residence? I changed it in User settings and it still won't let me complete my profile because I can't change it from USA.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
22 of 112

Hi Patrick,

Please advise as to which country your account should reflect as your location and we'll update it from our end, thanks!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Patrick P Member Since: Jul 8, 2018
23 of 112
Peru
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
24 of 112

Hi Patrick,

Your country has been updated to Peru. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Todd L Member Since: Nov 27, 2018
25 of 112

You keep havng "our team" change each country per request on this help chat. Why not just change the program to be able to select our own country. Please change mine to Malaysia while you're at it.

Thanks,

Todd

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
26 of 112

@Todd L wrote:

You keep havng "our team" change each country per request on this help chat. Why not just change the program to be able to select our own country.

So profiles of people who lie about their location can be found before they get a chance to lie about too much more, and so people who have been found to have tried to lie about their location (the majority, but not all the people in this thread) can be flagged and kept an eye on or simply removed altogether.

Todd L Member Since: Nov 27, 2018
27 of 112
Why would someone lie about their location? I don’t see the advantage. Anyway, I am a resident of the US but currently also have a Malaysia address where I stay much of the time so I have a Malaysia phone number. When setting up my profile, when it comes time to verify by phone, I am not able to enter a Malaysian phone number. Please advise.
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
28 of 112

Hi Todd,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further on how to set up and verify your Malaysian phone number, thank you.

Untitled
Patricia M Member Since: Sep 1, 2018
29 of 112

Hi Goran,

At the present time I am in Australia and when I was creating my upwork account my country of residence was set up automatically to Australia but I normally live in Indonesia, and now I can not change it. Any way you can help with that? Thanks

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
30 of 112

Hi Patricia,

Your country has been updated to Indonesia.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS