cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change my rate per hour on profile?

Janet R Member Since: Sep 6, 2016
1 of 10

Hi there,

I am trying to access the place where I can change my rate per hour and I cannot find a way to do this. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Janet

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 10

Hi Janet,

It looks like you migrated your freelancer and your agency account from Elance. Currently you are an exclusive member of your own agency, which means you have to change your profile rate via your agency.

In order to do it, please click on your picture in the upper right corner and go to your agency profile. Then go to Agency Roster select your profile and Change Roster Settings> Profile rate.

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 10

That did it, thanks so much!

Faye V Member Since: Feb 21, 2018
4 of 10
Hello, I have read every instructions. However, the recent version of upwork seems to not have the following buttons you are referring to. Please assist.
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
5 of 10

Hi Faye,

Please log into your Upwork account from a computer and then follow the steps outlined in this thread, thank you!

~Nina
Ruiyu H Member Since: Feb 19, 2019
6 of 10

Hello Valeria,

I am tring to update my profile (using laptop) rate followe your steps

"please click on your picture in the upper right corner and go to your agency profile. Then go to Agency Roster select your profile and Change Roster Settings> Profile rate."

But after clicking agency profile, the page jumps to upwork message and no roster setting options. Do you have any further suggestions?

Thank you so much

Ruiyu

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 10

Ruiyu H wrote:

I am tring to update my profile (using laptop) rate followe your steps

"please click on your picture in the upper right corner and go to your agency profile. Then go to Agency Roster select your profile and Change Roster Settings> Profile rate."

But after clicking agency profile, the page jumps to upwork message and no roster setting options. Do you have any further suggestions?

If you are exclusive member of the agency (I will never understand why someone would ever do that) only the agency owner or an agency manager can set your rate.

Community Leader
Stella L Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
8 of 10

The steps are the following:

1. On the main dashboard click on Profile

2. Click to the pencil that appears next to your hourly rate.

3. Edit your rate and Save

Happy bidding!

Edited to add: This applies to your freelancer account only.

9 of 10

Thanks!

Annissia W Member Since: Sep 5, 2019
10 of 10

Thank you Stella!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS