🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to change the Direct to Local Bank accoun...
Page options
sujeewae
Community Member

How to change the Direct to Local Bank account?

I need to change my direct to local bank account's currency type to USD since my account's currency type is USD. But I don’t have option to change the currency type of a direct to local bank account it is automatically set to my local currency. I appreciate your help on this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sujeewa E wrote:

I need to change my direct to local bank account's currency type to USD since my account's currency type is USD. But I don’t have option to change the currency type of a direct to local bank account it is automatically set to my local currency. I appreciate your help on this.

That isn't possible. You'd have to use Wire transfer, which costs $ 30 per withdrawal.

"Direct to local bank" is always in local currency. This can not be changed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Sujeewa E wrote:

That isn't possible. You'd have to use Wire transfer, which costs $ 30 per withdrawal.

"Direct to local bank" is always in local currency. This can not be changed.

sujeewae
Community Member

The account I created in my local bank has an option to create a USD account (Personal foreign currency account).The benifit I get from USD account is that I can hold USD in the account for any number of days and later I can withdrow money in local currency at the USD convertion rate of the particular date.

So what you are saying is I can't use this type of account in Upwork?

petra_r
Community Member

Sujeewa E wrote:

what you are saying is I can't use this type of account in Upwork?

No, I am saying you can use it with Wire transfer at a cost of $ 30 per withdrawal.

You can't use it to send USD via local bank transfer.

81b2ff3e
Community Member

Hello Petra,

I just mistakenly made a withdrawal to my local USD account using direct to local bank method. However, my local currency is set to NGN.

Don't know what to expect and how it will be resolved since the transaction won't go through.

Kindly let me know if you have any idea on what to expect, how it will be processed and how long it will take?

Regards,

Alex

Hi Fashakin,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Sujeewa E wrote:

The account I created in my local bank has an option to create a USD account (Personal foreign currency account).The benifit I get from USD account is that I can hold USD in the account for any number of days and later I can withdrow money in local currency at the USD convertion rate of the particular date.

So what you are saying is I can't use this type of account in Upwork?

If you can get a PayPal account (I'm not sure where you're located), you can transfer it there instead, and either hold it in U.S. dollars or transfer it to your USD account. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths