Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to check an OFFER?

clint5415
Ace Contributor
Clint R Member Since: Sep 2, 2016
1 of 5

Hello,

How can I check and see if the client who sent me an offer has a verified payment method or not?

Clint

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 5

I recently had an offer which had a note from UPwork saying that the payment wasn't verified.  I think you can also go back to the job post and see if payment has been verified.

It's perfectly acceptable - and often smart - to accept the offer but tell the client that you cannot begin work until their payment is verified (if it isn't already).

Does that help?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 5

Hi Clint, 

You should find the detail line in the job feed, as shown below. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 10.09.54 AM.png

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

clint5415
Ace Contributor
Clint R Member Since: Sep 2, 2016
4 of 5

Hello Avery,

Yes I see that part from my other contracts but this one didn't have a job post and I think it was a direct offer. Can you perhaps check this one if you can. Thanks.

Clint

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Clint,

I checked the offer you received and can confirm this client has a verified payment method.

Our team is planning to add a link in direct job offers so freelancers can check the contract and client's details. At the moment, you can communicate with your client regarding the job scope and ask them for a link to one of their previous job posts, so you can check if their payment method is verified. Alternatively, you can contact Customer Support and our team will be able to confirm this for you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS