🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to claim the full amount funded for t...
Page options
zoeteng
Community Member

How to claim the full amount funded for the whole project from unresponsive client

Hi,

I have a unresponsive client who didn't approve a milestone, but had sent a message to express her satisfaction with the work I did; so I continued to finalized the whole project before the deadline requested and submitted it on message board.

My question is, if the client didn't approve the milestone, although the escrow automatically releases in 14 days, will I be able to claim the full amount funded for the whole project without the client responding to me?

Thanks for your help!

Zoe

3 REPLIES 3
michael_skaggs
Community Member

The only thing contractually obligated is what's funded in the current milestone. That amount will be released in 14 days if they do nothing. Anything beyond that is just a budgetary figure, and is not owed.

So by finishing the entire project even though only part was setup as a milestone and funded, you have worked for free, which is not what you want to be doing. The client may create a new milestone and fund it with the remaining amount, or they may pay you the rest as a bonus, but they would be under no obligation to do so.

So no, if they don't do anything else and stop communicating, you won't be seeing the full amount. Only what was already in escrow.

Bottom line, never, ever do any work that isn't part of an active, fully funded milestone.

petra_r
Community Member

Zoe T wrote:

,...will I be able to claim the full amount funded for the whole project without the client responding to me?

Are you sure the whole project really *is* funded?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zoe, 

I checked your account and can see that the milestone was funded, and was paid to you today. If you have further questions, let us know! Our team, and the Community will be happy to assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members