🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to confirm that a previous client is no m...
Page options
namita_shakya
Community Member

How to confirm that a previous client is no more active on Upw?

Hi, 

A client hired me back in Aug 2018 and that hourly contract ended in Feb 2019. 

Contract id: 20536373 

The same client emailed me today via other medium for a project claiming he/they have stopped using upwork and we are reaching out to you directly for a project. 

How can I be sure that they are not using Upw anymore? 

And If they are not on Upw anymore then do I have to wait till Feb 2021 to work with them? 

Thanks in advance for all the helpful response/s! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Namita S wrote:

The same client emailed me today via other medium for a project claiming he/they have stopped using upwork and we are reaching out to you directly for a project. 

It doesn't matter whether they are using Upwork or not! You first met the client in August 2018, so you were free to work with them outside Upwork from August 2020 onwards.Whether they use Upwork or not. That has nothing to do with it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Namita S wrote:

It doesn't matter whether they are using Upwork or not! You first met the client in August 2018, so you were free to work with them outside Upwork from August 2020 onwards.Whether they use Upwork or not. That has nothing to do with it.

Thank you Petra Smiley Happy

I haven't replied back yet. I thought it's better to ask here in the community first. 

Thanks again!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths