Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to contact a freelancer

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
11 of 20

Hi Sheila,

You can open a client account with your existing account on Upwork.

Please follow the directions outlined in this article on how to do this.

~Nina
Sheila S Member Since: Mar 20, 2018
12 of 20

Is this available only for paid accounts? Because I don't see where the Accounts Menu is located. Thanks!

Community Guru
13 of 20

Hi Sheila,

You can find the Accounts Menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen, if you click where it says your name. Then in the drop down there will be a little gear icon next to Settings, just click there to access the settings options described in the article. This is available on all accounts.

~Nina
14 of 20

Thank you. I appreciate the quick feedback. But what am I missing? Attached is a screenshot of the Settings Menu. Where do I find this: 

1. Click the Create a company link at the bottom of the settings list on the left.
Community Guru
15 of 20

Hi Sheila,

I can see from your screenshot that the link to create a company is missing, however when checking your account from my end the link is there right under 'Notification Settings', so it isn't a problem with your account but possibly a browser issue. Please try clearing your cache and cookies and then accessing your settings again. Or you can also attempt it from an alternate browser, however I wasn't able to replicate it from my end so the steps mentioned above should work to resolve it.

~Nina
16 of 20

Wow, this is really frustrating. I use Chrome. I did as suggested and cleared everything, even restarted my computer. To no avail. Then I tried Safari. Still no link. I was unable to even log into the site using Firefox. See attached screenshot. 

So I am still unable to post a job. What other options do I have??

Community Guru
17 of 20

Hi Sheila,

So sorry that you are still having issues with this. I've gone ahead and requested one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with this, and you'll be hearing from them very shortly.

~Nina
Leor D Member Since: Jan 15, 2019
18 of 20

Goran,

What about agency accounts?  Are they allowed to contact freelancers?  If not, how is a roster built?

Leor

Leor D Member Since: Jan 15, 2019
19 of 20

Also, is there any way I can contact a job poster before writing a proposal?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
20 of 20

Leor D wrote:

What about agency accounts?  Are they allowed to contact freelancers?  If not, how is a roster built?

your agency freelancers are supposed to be people from your existing team, not randoms from the Internet.

Leor D wrote:
Also, is there any way I can contact a job poster before writing a proposal?

No.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS