🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to contact other freelancers or agenc...
Page options
eastwood_frank
Community Member

How to contact other freelancers or agency on Upwork

Hi 

How to get in contact with other freelacners and agencies on Upwork. Please tell me how to message or email them

Thank You

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, you can't join an agency by "reaching out" - you have to be invited. There's more information here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009523574-Join-an-Agency?flash_digest=20313ea234fedb...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Manglesh S wrote:

Hi 

How to get in contact with other freelacners and agencies on Upwork. Please tell me how to message or email them

Thank You

You can post a job and invite them. If you only want to chat, don't do that. Otherwise, anybody who is active in the forum you can PM them via the forum. 

Martina P wrote:

Manglesh S wrote:

You can post a job and invite them. If you only want to chat, don't do that. Otherwise, anybody who is active in the forum you can PM them via the forum. 

PLEASE do NOT do that unless you fully intend to hire and pay them.

Martina P wrote:

Manglesh S wrote:

. Otherwise, anybody who is active in the forum you can PM them via the forum. 

He "can" but it gets terribly tedious to have to read and respond to several pms a day from people who seem to think forum members are either Upwork staff or have nothing better to do than to respond to pms.

The way to get questions answered is to post in the forum.

Why do you want to contact other freelancers anyway?  What is the purpose?

Thanks for responding. I wanted to reach out to other freelancers or agency who want to outsource or distribute their work to reduce their workload. I have statred working on Upwork since February 2019 and have completed only 6 jobs till now. If I have more contracts at hand then it would keep me busy and it might be obvious that I want to increase my earning.

Sorry, but that's not going to happen - you can't directly solicit business from anyone on Upwork, you can only respond to jobs that are posted. I don't think that you would meet with much success, anyway. Freelancers are on Upwork because they're looking for work, just like you are; they're not trying to reduce their workloads! If you want to get work from agencies, why not just use Google and apply to them directly? 

Manglesh S wrote:

Thanks for responding. I wanted to reach out to other freelancers or agency who want to outsource or distribute their work to reduce their workload.

That is not how it works. You also categorically do NOT want to do some farmed out nonsense, it is a road to nowhere.

Find your own contracts.

You also categorically do NOT want to do some farmed out nonsense, it is a road to nowhere.

I respectfully disagree on this point. I have excellent relationships with a few big-name creative agencies who regularly outsource work to me - it pays well, and I get access to clients who would normally be out of my reach. 

I just wanted to ask if there is certain way to get associated with any agency or not because I have seen several freelancers working for agencies. But you have just stamped my question as a categorical nonsense. I thought I had a genuine doubt and should refer to the community. No offence but I have to say that I didn't expect this kind of response coming from a Community Guru.

Unfortunately, you can't join an agency by "reaching out" - you have to be invited. There's more information here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009523574-Join-an-Agency?flash_digest=20313ea234fedb...

By the way, if you only joined Upwork two months ago and you've already won six jobs, you're doing a lot better than most. If you're not making enough money, then you should consider raising your hourly rate and not design flyers for $20. 

Morning Christine,

I am a new member looking to contact some Melbourne Australian 3D Gaphic Artists / Model people, am I able to do that and see if they can perform my required task and discuss the payment

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clive, 

It looks like you registered for a freelancer account. You should be able to create a client account within this account by visiting this page of your account (Settings > My Teams). Please click the Create New Account link from here, and once set up, you should be able to start posting jobs, and searching for freelancers for your project. 

You may want to read up on these resources we have compiled to help you get started on Upwork. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to post your questions here, or visit our Hiring Headquarters, and/or, the Help Center for more information on how you can work with freelancers on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths