🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to convince the client for Full Time Hour...
Page options
sobiyahfarooq
Community Member

How to convince the client for Full Time Hours

How to convince the client for Full Time Hours Job? 

16 REPLIES 16
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sonia, if you want to have full time work, then you need to be the best possible freelancer you can be.

You need to provide great value and great quality to clients l

"Sandra" works full time on Upwork.

Sandra earns a lot of money on Upwork.

But when Sandra started out, she was only hired for small jobs.

But the clients who hired her loved her work, and hired her for larger jobs.

And they returned to her to ask her to work for them again.

Some clients hired her for a small job, that took only two hours. But, secretly, the client had much more work to do. The client hired 10 freelancers to do small jobs. The client saw that Sandra was the best out of all the freelancers. The client fired all of the other freelancers and offered Sandra a job working 20 hours per week.

Other clients offered Sandra more work. Now Sandra has to turn down many work opportunities because she is too busy working.

ea7320c2
Community Member

I think you need to motivate, for example, payment

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by your message. Are you asking me how to motivate a client to hire you for a full time hours job? Or are you suggesting that payment is a way to motivate a client?

If you are asking me how to motivate a client, I would say that payment is not the only factor that clients consider when hiring freelancers. They also look for freelancers who can provide value, quality, reliability, and professionalism. You can motivate a client by showing them how you can help them achieve their goals and solve their problems, by building trust and rapport with them, and by offering them a clear and detailed plan of action.

If you are suggesting that payment is a way to motivate a client, I would say that payment is not the only way to motivate a client. You can also motivate a client by offering them discounts or incentives for long-term or bulk projects, by being flexible and adaptable to their changing needs and preferences, and by providing regular feedback and updates on your work.

Great

jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Freelancing is the equivalent of being a small business owner - you are running your own business and you are selling the services you provide.  Therefore, you'll need to close the sale with your client.  Assuming that you can sell your services and experience without any issues, this leaves client hesitation as the final obstacle to be overcome.

I can understand why clients have a difficult time going into an hourly contract.  Current economic conditions, inflation, turbulance in pricing - all drive the client's spending confidence downward.  The best way to overcome this is in how you sell the idea of an hourly contract.  Take a look at how you are presenting this idea - what words do you use?  Do you use "you" instead of "we"?  Using words such as "we" tend to make a client feel as if they are part of a team, working with you on a project.

Example 1:
"Sure, I would be happy to start work on your project.  I know you had listed this job as a fixed-rate, but would you mind structuring this as an hourly contract?"

Example 2:
"Sure, I would be happy to start work on this project.  When you are ready, we can get started once the contract details are complete.  I would like to ask for an hourly contract rather than the fixed-rate listed in your job posting.  By using an hourly rate contract, we can both keep track of how much time is spent on each aspect of the project as well as provide us both with full transparency in the work being performed.  Did you know that the time tracker takes screenshots while I am working so you can review these as our project progresses?  What are your thoughts or concerns on us moving this over to an hourly contract?"

It really just comes down to the sell.  I'm just using a generic example, but you'd want to make sure you show the client how they benefit from you going hourly on a time tracker.  Its all about easing the client's mind about spending money on someone they dont know, to do a project they are most likely very possesive and protective over.  Use the same approach as you would in a proposal - close your sale by tailoring your communication to the project and conversation with the client.  

It takes time to develop your own approach to selling these different elements.  Just keep trying and refining your approach until you find something that works.  Watching some videos or reading about the psychology of sales pitches could also help.  Just remember that every aspect of freelancing is like running a business - except you are playing all of the roles.  Sales (getting the contract), subject matter expert (doing the work), making recomendations and suggestions (consulting), dealing with payments and refunds (finance/accounting/customer service/etc), and so on.   

eaba3030
Community Member

you need to first order and you get how to get you a full time work on here

be7b05d4
Community Member

Good communication and perfect skills. Thank you

pudingstudio
Community Member

Using photograph for a profile image is also useful thing to do. Mandatory, too.

*edit:

Ooops.. My bad. Talked about your avatar on UpWork Community; just now saw that you do have a "proper" photo on your account.
Wasn't aware that we can have different ones.

kkears
Community Member

Hi Sobia - As a freelancer, focus on what you can control. It's not our role to convince clients to give us more hours (note that this is different from saying "I need more time to complete XYZ"). 

Instead of framing this as how many hours you give them, think about what you give them.  What problems are you solving for them or their business? How does your work help their business goals?

Like Preston said, focus on providing value and quality to your clients. That is much more worth your time than convincing a client of something they 1) don't have a need for 2) don't have the budget for or 3) simply don't have a desire to do right now. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Upwork is a freelancing website, which means that most clients come here because they don't need or want full time employees. You'd probably have better luck joining a remote working website.

d173df1a
Community Member

Hi,

Convincing the client for a full time hours job on Upwork can be beneficial for both you and the client, as it can provide you with a steady income and the client with a reliable and dedicated freelancer. However, it can also be challenging, as some clients may prefer to hire freelancers for short-term or part-time projects. Here are some tips on how to convince the client for a full-time hours job on Upwork:

• Demonstrate your value and skills. The first step to convince the client for a full-time hours job is to show them that you are worth hiring for a long-term and consistent basis. You can do this by delivering high-quality work, meeting deadlines, exceeding expectations, and solving problems.

Agree

07cde080
Community Member

you may want to work full time hours for a client that you enjoy working with and that pays you well. However, convincing the client to offer you more work or a long-term contract can be challenging. You need to show them that you are reliable, valuable, and trustworthy.

c109288b
Community Member

Hi, Sobi.

Nice to meet you.

Your questions is really serious and Funny.

If we know that answer, why can't we get full-time job in this platform?

At least, I can give you some advice which I got from my senior in this platform.

To get full-time job and to convince your customer

1. You have to make perfect profile.

2. You have good skills as you mentioned in your profile.

3. Write the most attractive cover letter.

FYI, watch this article "Proposal Template - 10,000 Proposals Submitted" by Samer B.

935d1fa9
Community Member

If you've been working with the client on a project basis and have established a good rapport, it's easier to express your interest in a full-time role.

nice

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths