🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to correct error on time log
Page options
jennifer_swain
Community Member

How to correct error on time log

I am new to Upwork. I notice an error on my time log. I think a weekly rate was entered by the client and I also billed hours manually. Is it possible to remove the hours I entered manually as I should just be paid one or the other?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer, 

It sounds like your client set a recurrring addiitional weekly billing to the contract. You may discuss this with your client so that you can issue a refund for the over-charge. 

Your client may need to end the contract and hire you again without setting up the recurring billing so that you can log time on your contract. Please discuss this further with your client so that you know how you can proceed.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer S wrote:

I am new to Upwork. I notice an error on my time log. I think a weekly rate was entered by the client and I also billed hours manually. Is it possible to remove the hours I entered manually as I should just be paid one or the other?

Go to your work diary

tick the hours you want to delete

click on "delete"

You can only delete time for last week up to 12 noon UTC today. After that the work diary locks and can no longer be adjusted for last week.

Thank you, Petra. I appreciate your responsiveness and insight. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer, 

It sounds like your client set a recurrring addiitional weekly billing to the contract. You may discuss this with your client so that you can issue a refund for the over-charge. 

Your client may need to end the contract and hire you again without setting up the recurring billing so that you can log time on your contract. Please discuss this further with your client so that you know how you can proceed.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks, Avery. This answers my question. For this week, I could remove my manually entered hours and receive the weekly billing she set up if the amount is equivalent, true? Then, I can discuss with my client the option of ending the contract and starting a new one for next week without the weekly billing. The weekly billing is a set amount she is choosing to pay me automatically until the contract ends, true? Thanks for your guidance as I am learning.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths