cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create multiple workspaces on Windows7?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
11 of 13

Hi Jen, 

I just created a new user and was able to open some applications, switch to the main user, switch back to my newly created user to find all my applications still running. This is awesome. 

I have all my projects in drive D so luckily this is a shared drive which all users can access and write to. 

I know power failure is worst on a PC. I have a UPS linked to my computer, and I am not concerned about the electricity bill because it is too cheap here.

Thanks a lot dear. You are the best. Wouldn't have figured out the best solution without your help. I will find something to eat. I am happy. I always eat when I feel happy.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 13

Awesome, Wassim. I'm glad I could help. And I learned something about user switching. lol

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 13

Yeah, this is why I hate hourly gigs. I usually have 100 browser tabs open, email open on two different accounts, I get pinged on Skype, etc etc, so hourly is just too much hassle. I usually have at least 4 projects open as well, most with NDAs and whatnot so slipping up with screenshots is a problem. Blah. PITA 

The VM idea is good but seems like a PITA. 

I think the best thing you can do to work with the environment that you have is set up the VMs and your desktop to sit on a network. Use a shared network drive to share files across all environments.  You could do it in a cloud environment too where you share files using something like Google Drive.

If you wanted to dump some cash into it, you could buy a NAS but that's not really necessary. You can just use a shared folder on your main machine and share across all computers.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS