🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to create two profiles on Upwork for two ...
Page options
pedrogpereira
Community Member

How to create two profiles on Upwork for two completely different areas

Hello,

I have been working has a PPC manager for quite a while now.

Recently I have been studying Python, Machine Learning and Data Analyzes. 

I want also to start delivering this service to potencial clients.

How can I do this? Should I create a second profile on Upwork?

For me it does not makes any sense to have reviews from PPC services and machine learning projects.

What should I do?

7 REPLIES 7
cartrellgeneral
Community Member

Hi Pedro,

It's against Upwork's TOS to have two separate profiles and you risk suspension. You can create two specialized profiles within your original profile highlighting your newly acquired field, though.

Hello,

Even if I understand your explanation, for me it really does not make any sense to have python clients and digital marketing clients leaving reviews in the same profile.

Does anyone has the same problem? 

Regards,

Pedro Pereira

Yes - I would love to see Upwork better support the concept of "putting on different hats," especially to adapt to the reality that people are really learning all kinds of new skills, but they also want to make sure that they can account for them properly.

If I'm doing two or more COMPLETELY different kinds of work, I really would appreciate the ability to connect a different set of tax info - bank and EIN.  Whether it's multiple "profiles," or multiple "agencies," or both, the goal would be that the freelancer, within a single personal account, can put on a different "hat" to do a particular kind of job, even as the same "person."

If I do, for example, media production and, say, tax preparation, and maybe customer service type of work as well, there are very clear reasons that these should be distinct, accounting-wise, behind the scenes.  If I'm doing a media job, I want that payment to go into the bank account associated with my media production EIN.  If I'm helping someone with taxes, that should go into the bank account associated with my tax preparer EIN.

I actually don't mind reviews appearing "across the board."  After all, freelancing is about the person as an individual, and the individual would continue to get reviewed, no matter which hat is on, for any given job.  So, I'm OK to "meet in the middle" there - the idea that all of an individual's activity should be combined in a single "feedback profile."  Perhaps allow viewers to "filter by job type" if they want to see a user's reviews as "Hat A" or "Hat B," or all combined.

But the addition of some way to "put on a hat" and select a complete profile when submitting a Proposal – not only a set of qualifications, but also of EIN and bank info – would be a big help that I think would clear things up for many people, and also ensure that people who put on multiple hats don't have to look at competing platforms in order to ensure proper accounting.

Feature suggestions:

• Allow user to add additional verified EIN/bank/business-name combinations, and select one (and only one!) of them when submitting a Proposal.  Very similar to selecting a profile view.
  • Allow user to create more than one Agency.  This allows the user to team up with professionals in each distinct field.

This kind of setup, which could perhaps be offered as an account-status upgrade, would help individuals properly account for their Upwork activities, while also maintaining the transparency of each person as an individual.

I have the same issue, I am a web developer and a Physics Tutor, which both are completely different industries.

yofazza
Community Member

We can now have multipe profiles (look for specialized profiles).

Pedro M wrote:

Hello,

Even if I understand your explanation, for me it really does not make any sense to have python clients and digital marketing clients leaving reviews in the same profile.

Does anyone has the same problem? 

Regards,

Pedro Pereira

You could open an agency account, which would be completely seperate from your freelancer account. The biggest problem there is you can only have one or the other in marketplace search. You can use either profile though when you bid on jobs. But it is true that it's against Upwork's policy to have two freelancer accounts, and you could be suspended for doing so. 

hoyle_editing
Community Member

No, having mul;tiple accounts is not allowed. You can however create specialized profiles for different fields, when you apply to a job you can select to use your general profile (all your skills), specialized profile 1, profile 2 ect.

Thats as close as you can get it but once you have reviews built in your new area they will be what is showing when you use that specific profile to submit proposals

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members