🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Re: How to customize agency's url?
Page options
amestre
Community Member

How to customize agency's url?

Hello,

We have "Agency Plus" plan, but the url of our agency profile is not editable, is there any solution?

Thanks,

Andrew

16 REPLIES 16
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew,

The option for creating customized URLs is available for freelancers' and team members' profiles, not for Agency profile pages. You can find this information in this Help article.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi there,

Is there a reason for this? I mean... if you want a client to check you agency profile, it would be a lot better to be able to send a nice url, just as you would do with your own profile. 

It's been three years since this question was first asked. Are there any plans for allowing custom urls for agencies in the future? 

Regards,

Francisco

Francisco,

Clients still hire individual agency members for their job and not the whole agency. That's why agencies can customize profile URLs for their members. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm obviously worried about the lack of such functionality. This is probably not due to the fact that the Clients hire agency members instead of the team, because it is obvious that this type of feature is beneficial to Upwork, Agencies and Agency members. Positive has many aspects. Increase earnings for everyone, improve visibility in google (SEO), etc. 

I totally agree with Filip. This is a lack of a important functionality and the excuse given isn't valid. 

rightly said so. We need custom agency urls. Sooner the better.

Yes, We Upwork needs to upgrade this functionality for agencies as well. At least, they can upgrade the setting for Agency Pro. This will help clients to find us on Google.

Hi Valeira,

I have recently started an Agency and cannot find the necessary steps to customize the profiles of agency members, even though I had an email from Upwork stating that the customized URL feature is a part of Agency Plus Plan.

Can you please expand on the steps for following:

"That's why agencies can customize profile URLs for their members." 

I have tried reaching support and am yet to hear back, even after 5 days or so. Please let me know if you need any other details from my end. 

I would appreciate your help! Thank you so much!

With Thanks,
Dushyant

- If you do not fight for yourself, who will?

Hi Dushyant,

I checked your account and it looks like you are already corresponding with our team regarding this issue. I'll follow up with the team that's handling your case and they will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Appreciate that. Actually, I was hoping to know the steps on how to create the URL if someone here can share. It could be that I was looking at the wrong place and needed guidance. That way, I do not need to bother support teams further.

Let me know if possible, or I would wait to hear back from support - and I am not sure exactly how long that would take. 

Thank you!

With Thanks,
Dushyant

Hi Joanne,

Any update here? I am not sure exactly what is going on and I am yet to hear from the support team, which is very discouraging. 

My first conversation with support was on 2019-11-11 10:05 PM UTC and MY follow up conversation with support was on 2019-11-15 02:51 PM UTC, where I was promised that someone will let me know something in 48 hours. It has been 4 days since then as well.

Let me know something ASAP so that I know what options I have next. 

Thank you!

With Thanks,
Dushyant

Hi Dushyant, 

I apologise for the delay as we had to check this with other teams to confirm the information we have. 

I'm sorry for the confusion the email has caused you. Currently, personalizing your Agency URL is not an available feature. However, if you are on the Freelancer Plus plan, you should be able to personalize your profile URL

We understand that this feature is important to agencies on Upwork. If this feature becomes available, we'll make sure to share it with the Community. 

~ Avery
Upwork

It's 2019.

Is there any update on this to have our own customized URL for Agency? 

It's 2020 now. Interestingly, the document states here ( https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009646433-Agency-Profile ), quote:

"URL: Join an Agency Plus plan to create a custom vanity URL"

It's a bit contradictory that the document says you can but official staff says it can't. What gives?

Hi Alemar, 

Please know that this new feature was just recently rolled out. You may read more about vanity URLs for agencies here, and here.

~ Avery
Upwork
awaisalee
Community Member

This is very much Unfortunate for agencies that they can't customize their profile URLs on Upwork after that much digital revolution  😶

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths