🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to deal with client asking for more than ...
Page options
basictechy
Community Member

How to deal with client asking for more than agreed work, Can I end the contract?

Hi all,

I have a client that needed a dashboard and admin panel for $700, I agreed to take the job because I believed it would help my Jss.
I have done 80% of the job despite the fact the client is unresponsive and only deposited $150 in milestones and he also added new features to the admin which weren't part of the contract and I agreed to do it without extra charges.

He sent a message last night saying he wants the platform to be Whitelabel, so it should have a Whitelabel landing page and also a Whitelabel admin. 

The original plan was an admin panel and customer dashboard only.

Please how can I end this without affecting my JSS? I don't want any hit on my Jss

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
geri_kol
Community Member

Do not end the project but rather submit only a small portion of the work you have already done (whatever you consider worth $150) using the green Submit button (do not submit work via messages!) and then tell the client you will submit the rest when they fund the remainder of the agreed amount. And next time you take on a fixed price project, do not complete more work than what is funded and sitting in escrow. 

If I were you, I would also remind them that you did not discuss Whitelabel dashboard and admin panel before you took on the job, so if they want you to do that now, they should create an additional milestone and fund it (discuss an appropriate amount with them). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
geri_kol
Community Member

Do not end the project but rather submit only a small portion of the work you have already done (whatever you consider worth $150) using the green Submit button (do not submit work via messages!) and then tell the client you will submit the rest when they fund the remainder of the agreed amount. And next time you take on a fixed price project, do not complete more work than what is funded and sitting in escrow. 

If I were you, I would also remind them that you did not discuss Whitelabel dashboard and admin panel before you took on the job, so if they want you to do that now, they should create an additional milestone and fund it (discuss an appropriate amount with them). 

Thanks for the responds I would do that now

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members