Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with customers who never approved milestones

motyduke
Community Guru
Olivier P Member Since: May 25, 2015
1 of 6

I have a good number of customers that i work with often and they are satisfied with the work done. But....they never approved the requested milestones...so i have to wait the 2 weeks to be automatically approved by upwork. Sometimes with the amount of money it is really annoying to wait

I asked them politely many times to do....but they don't !

The system in upwork is it enough good to warn them. Did they have some reminders or get some messages ( i mean not just one !) Or the process is so hidden taht they cannnot see how to do?

I believe that it si not the problem of Upwork ( beacuse they keep the money longer) but the system seem to not enforce anything and it is rellay annoying...

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

@Olivier P wrote:

I believe that it si not the problem of Upwork ( beacuse they keep the money longer) but the system seem to not enforce anything and it is rellay annoying...

Of course the system enforces it = It releases the funds to you automatically after 14 days.

I NEVER chase clients to approve a milestone. Those who make me wait for my funds simply go on my "Won't work with again" list.

motyduke
Community Guru
3 of 6

I understand your point. yes you're right with the release of funds after 14 days I didn't chase them too but try to explain them plitely how it works.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Olivier P wrote:

I understand your point. yes you're right with the release of funds after 14 days I didn't chase them too but try to explain them plitely how it works.

They know how it works. It's self explanatory and perfectly obvious from the client interface. They just can't be bothered.

If someone can't be bothered to be respectful and appreciative of my time and effort, they will not get my time and effort next time.

In fairness the vast majority of my clients approve milestones straight away unless agreed otherwise in advance.

Those who do not just won't get to work with me again.

novikovma
Ace Contributor
Mikhail N Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
5 of 6

I think it is just that feeling of parting with money which they hate, they prefer an automatic system to do that for them. If i was you, i'd keep those clients, because people with mental problems are usually easier to manage.

motyduke
Community Guru
6 of 6

@Mikhail N wrote:

I think it is just that feeling of parting with money which they hate, they prefer an automatic system to do that for them. If i was you, i'd keep those clients, because people with mental problems are usually easier to manage.

haha....not bad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS