🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to deal with duo date estimation for mult...
Page options
ahmed_sobhy_93
Community Member

How to deal with duo date estimation for multiple parallel proposals?

Hello, 

I am new with freelancing. Has been going great so far but need your advice on this one. 

I can usually make an accuarte duo date proposal for one project, however when it is miore than one proposal I find it difficult to estimae because other estimations will depend on number of accepted previous proposols which I don't know. How do you deal with this dilemma? 

Thanks in advance!

Ahmed.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

It's really simple. When I give a proposal, I generally give an estimated number of days it will take and when I can start as of right then, taking into account what's committed on my calendar. I don't take into account anything that isn't already committed.

If something changes by the time it comes to negotiate with one of those clients, I let them know that my calendar changed, and this is my new start and end date. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ahmed K wrote:

Hello, 

I am new with freelancing. Has been going great so far but need your advice on this one. 

I can usually make an accuarte duo date proposal for one project, however when it is miore than one proposal I find it difficult to estimae because other estimations will depend on number of accepted previous proposols which I don't know. How do you deal with this dilemma? 

Thanks in advance!

Ahmed.

This is a non-issue for about 98% of freelancers (I made this number up, but it is very high), so start worrying about it when and if it happens. 

wescowley
Community Member

It's really simple. When I give a proposal, I generally give an estimated number of days it will take and when I can start as of right then, taking into account what's committed on my calendar. I don't take into account anything that isn't already committed.

If something changes by the time it comes to negotiate with one of those clients, I let them know that my calendar changed, and this is my new start and end date. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members