🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to deal with saturation
Page options
themramzan
Community Member

How to deal with saturation

As a WordPress developer on Upwork, I have noticed that the WordPress category has become very saturated with a high number of proposals being submitted for every job posting. Typically, within 10 minutes of a job being posted, there are already 50+ proposals submitted. While I believe that a unique proposal that effectively solves the client's problem can still have a chance to win the job, the challenge lies in getting noticed by the client. How to get noticed? I would appreciate any suggestions or solutions from those working in the same niche.

3 REPLIES 3
bobafett999
Community Member

Well that is difficult.  You have a low rate which implies that you don't have much experience.  With that rate you are swimming in a pond that is overly saturated with other fresh freelancers who just graduated with classes in various computer languages.  You need to think of ways to position yourself.  It will be hard

I'm new here on Upwork, working as top rated on fiverr since 2018. 

Just account got derank there so thought to join Upwork. What's rate for WordPress category? I see mostly has similar rate.

My question was how to show our proposal in front of client eyes? 👀

celgins
Community Member

Like Prashant said, you are competing with new Wordpress Developers, but you are also competing with experienced Wordpress Developers. There are hundreds of thousands of them on Upwork and the only way to stand out is to provide something that most others are not providing.

So, think about it this way: if everybody is providing a fully functional Wordpress site that solves the customer's problem, what else could I do different to convince clients that I am their best choice? It's a difficult question to answer, but there are always new technologies, functionalities, plug-ins, add-ons, or maybe new ways to speed up the development cycle.

I still do web development every so often, but rarely. I avoid it mostly because it is no longer lucrative and almost impossible to generate steady work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members