cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with scope creep after accepting a contract?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
21 of 33

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

idk why boomers have to tell us all about their Dr Evil levels of income

Especially when they claim $ 275k when it's less than half that

It was very cute and precious when he offered to "help me out" by hiring me and giving me jobs. Special levels of precious.

bizwriterjohn
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
22 of 33

My "cute experience" has been, in fact, brilliant business experience for others and myself.  This is a screenshot of my hiring account.  Currently, I am employing two Upworkers.  I have hired more than this list indicates (it is all I could fit on a screen).  Many of these young people I diligently sought out as they work offshore and we all understand the terrible odds they face at times.

Along with my 100% JSS:  as you see, 5-0s from each Upworker were granted to me as the Upwork client.   Since you have been unkind to me, and made fun of an act of kindness in offer to work with you as a colleague --  and to share project work I have won and can distribute.  I can only relate this:  Twelve other Upwork contractors made a different decision.  Twelve other Upworkers gained work, got extraordinary ratings back from me, and enjoyed work they otherwise might not ever win.  Now might be a good time to resheath your blog claws.  They do not serve you well in public.

lysis10
Community Guru
23 of 33

John B wrote:

My "cute experience" has been, in fact, brilliant business experience for others and myself.  This is a screenshot of my hiring account.  Currently, I am employing two Upworkers.  I have hired more than this list indicates (it is all I could fit on a screen).  Many of these young people I diligently sought out as they work offshore and we all understand the terrible odds they face at times.

Along with my 100% JSS:  as you see, 5-0s from each Upworker were granted to me as the Upwork client.   Since you have been unkind to me, and made fun of an act of kindness in offer to work with you as a colleague --  and to share project work I have won and can distribute.  I can only relate this:  Twelve other Upwork contractors made a different decision.  Twelve other Upworkers gained work, got extraordinary ratings back from me, and enjoyed work they otherwise might not ever win.  Now might be a good time to resheath your blog claws.  They do not serve you well in public.

Yes, we know dear. We saw your profile.

I'm not sure how I will cope with the loss of your precious offer. I will somehow persevere without the stars and feedback. It will be a long, tough road ahead but I will soldier on and look forward to hopefully finding work on this fine blog platform.

bizwriterjohn
Community Guru
24 of 33

Your profile is extraordinary.  Truly top on the platform.   It is my sincere wish I get to compete with you, as often as possible.   Have a nice day.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
25 of 33

John B wrote:

Your profile is extraordinary.  Truly top on the platform.  

Indeed it is, And she doesn't have to falsely claim to have made $ 250k+ when it's less than half that, to the extent of even writing it into the feedback to her freelancers.

Who does something like that...

anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
26 of 33

Bruh, you got called out and owned. 

bizwriterjohn
Community Guru
27 of 33

My belief is, it is hard to drown a guy with a 100% JSS, at a rate of $62 to $75, successful on the platform for 7 years now. And with a perfect 5-0 profile, having hired more than a dozen fellow Upworkers. That's exactly the profile Upwork values the most.  Not bloggers.  The business people at Upwork.

This feedback trend of yours.  This is worrisome potentially.  Tons of solid 5-0s in 2018.  I see nine 'no feedback given' and one 'feedback removed'.   Add in a 4.3, a 4.45 in 2019.  It is exceptionally good news that Upwork takes the higher JSS over a multi-year average vs past 12 months to calc your score.  I am happy this option was available for you.  Buckle up young man.  Your 2-year average score will run out in about 6 months and those no feedbacks and 4-somethings can really cause problems.  Remember, always.  How we close out our projects is a sign of strength and client relationship development.   This is perhaps an opportunity for improvement in 2020.  Let me know if you would like to share any of my techniques.

lysis10
Community Guru
28 of 33
Lmao so cute and precious lashing out when you are the poseur in this thread.
feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
29 of 33

Jennifer M wrote:
Lmao so cute and precious lashing out when you are the poseur in this thread.

Jennifer, he's only trying to help. Maybe if you got onto the phone with your clients and dictated your desired feedback, then you wouldn't be having such a hard time getting work.

feed_my_eyes
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
30 of 33

John B wrote:

My belief is, it is hard to drown a guy with a 100% JSS, at a rate of $62 to $75, successful on the platform for 7 years now. And with a perfect 5-0 profile, having hired more than a dozen fellow Upworkers. That's exactly the profile Upwork values the most.  Not bloggers.  The business people at Upwork.

This feedback trend of yours.  This is worrisome potentially.  Tons of solid 5-0s in 2018.  I see nine 'no feedback given' and one 'feedback removed'.   Add in a 4.3, a 4.45 in 2019.  It is exceptionally good news that Upwork takes the higher JSS over a multi-year average vs past 12 months to calc your score.  I am happy this option was available for you.  Buckle up young man.  Your 2-year average score will run out in about 6 months and those no feedbacks and 4-somethings can really cause problems.  Remember, always.  How we close out our projects is a sign of strength and client relationship development.   This is perhaps an opportunity for improvement in 2020.  Let me know if you would like to share any of my techniques.

This is just the sort of thing that keeps me entertained through the long, cold winter nights. Kudos to you, sir.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS