🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to deal with suspicious job posting?
Page options
nabinkhadka14
Community Member

How to deal with suspicious job posting?

I have got this job invitation more than once. When I look into the client's description, I can see that the client has posted 100s of job with same title, same description and same budget. That's fine.

But the problem comes when you accept the invitation. The client insists to give email address first and then sends offer. There is no exact job description, and the client fails to give it until freelancer starts contract. The contract is fixed price in range of $50-$70. My freelancer friends had worked for the same client and they accuse for not being fair after accepting the offer. The client seems to have spend 1000s of dollars already, which majority I guess is for similar case.

What should be done? How to report such case? Would upwork have a closer look to help somehow?

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nabin,

Could you please send me a private message with more information on this so that I can send a report to our team for investigation?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nabinkhadka14
Community Member

Another important thing that I noticed is the client says a "test job" to everyone. So I suppose the client said the same to 100 freelancers which seems so (as the job posting is always $50-$60).

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Nabin K wrote:

I have got this job invitation more than once. When I look into the client's description, I can see that the client has posted 100s of job with same title, same description and same budget. That's fine.

But the problem comes when you accept the invitation. The client insists to give email address first and then sends offer. There is no exact job description, and the client fails to give it until freelancer starts contract. The contract is fixed price in range of $50-$70. My freelancer friends had worked for the same client and they accuse for not being fair after accepting the offer. The client seems to have spend 1000s of dollars already, which majority I guess is for similar case.

What should be done? How to report such case? Would upwork have a closer look to help somehow?

Always flag the job posting so it will get checked by upwork. 

So you are saying that even a single flagging would work?

Nabin K wrote:

So you are saying that even a single flagging would work?

Yes of course. And it's more effective than posting here, where a moderator might not see it. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members