🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to delete time last week time logs in Wor...
Page options
rmcadorna
Community Member

How to delete time last week time logs in Work Diary / Pause contract, will the payment release

Hello, 

I am used to accepting projects per milestone, but I had my first hourly paying client.

I have put my time log already, but I want to delete the time for last week.

What happens is, I am supposed to become his project manager, however, during meetings I am not able to understand what he really wants to solve first that is why I offer him strategies instead. Every meeting, I am trying to share what we can do, but we always ended up him explaining his business again and again. He is a man who has a lot of ideas but a hard time organizing them, so am I.

At our last meeting, we decided to end the contract already since I think I cannot help him already and he said to me to put any amount for my consultation since I gave him some value somehow. So I did. However, it seems like the price was unfair on his end since he said that he was the one who talks a lot during meetings because of always explaining his business. So I decided to just delete the time we had during consultations and just do it for free. I don't want to get something from him if he felt that way and just want to end our contract and leave.

Now, our contract is paused.

My problem is not about JSS or earnings.
My problem is:
1. How can I delete my time, now it is not editable anymore?
2. Or is it better to end the contract already? But I'm just thinking will the payment release to me even if the contract is paused? If yes, can I just refund it?
If I can refund it, how many days should the client wait for the refund?

Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Rhosan,

Essentially, when a contract is paused you will not be able to edit the hours that were added. The client has to resume the contract before you can do that. I wouldn't recommend ending the contract on your own since this will lock your Work Diary and the client will be billed as normal for those hours, though your client will still have next week to review the time and dispute it if needed, then again it would be best not to take that route. If you wish to remove the hours, It's better to communicate with your client so they can resume the contract and you can remove them before the closure of the billing period. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members