cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine what to bill as a freelance transcriber

eileend820
Eileen D Member Since: Jan 29, 2014
1 of 2
So here's my problem. I guess what I can't understand is when i put in an hourly rate is that based upon how many hours I'm logged into the Odesk timer? I think I'm losing some jobs because I'm just not that familiar with the whole billing process and I'd like to stay competitive and gain some knowledge. If anyone would like to take the time to explain it to me, I would absolutely love to hear from you. Thank you so much. Eileen
david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 2
First you have to download and install the time tracker. Once you have an hourly job and decide to work on the project, simply start up the time tracker, find the company your working for and ensure that the time you clock will be billed to them. It's easy to figure out when looking at the time tracker. Start the clock and start working. When you're finished working, turn it off. I typically don't turn off the time tracker until a screenshot has been taken. The time tracker takes screen shots every ten minutes or so but sometimes this can stretch into 15 or more minutes. The only time that is billed to your client is the time you've logged into the time tracker, so don't work on the job without turning it on (assuming it's an hourly job).
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS