cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute a contract that has ended ?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 13

wrote:

For this particular client, I have outbound call logs that include call time and dates, have my own work diary other than the Upwork tracking, emails, Upwork messages and recorded calls.

It does not matter. The client didn't pay Upwork and Upwork does not pay you for manual time out of their own pocket. They already paid for your tracked time out of their own pocket, or else you'd have ended up with nothing.

Tamara B wrote:

There should be some sort of system that can bill the client in a proven case.

There is. Your hours were billed and charged and the client's payment method could not be charged.

I have mentioned in another reply, whether there are consequences that the client has to face for non-payment?

The client is suspended.

For me, if there was an option to go into an investigation phase for the dispute

From what you said there was no dispute (although had there been, you would not have been paid for manual time either.) Your client plain and simple did not pay Upwork.

Tamara B Member Since: Jul 27, 2019
12 of 13

Okay, I see that there are similar issues. Thanks for the tip as it is something I will have to be mindful of in the future. 

Community Guru
Miriam H Member Since: May 16, 2017
13 of 13

Tamara B wrote:

Okay, I see that there are similar issues. Thanks for the tip as it is something I will have to be mindful of in the future. 

It's definitely not cool what the client did, but I'm glad you understand how to protect yourself in the future. Upwork does provide fairly reasonable protection when there is a contract and you follow their procedures.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS