Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute against Client.

Highlighted
Nafees K Member Since: Jan 26, 2015
1 of 4

Recently I have finished a Job.
My client funded $95 and in PM asked me to do more so he will add $35 more.

After Finishing the job Accidently he didn't replied me so I contacted to his offfice email and I got reply that he left the Job.

Still $95 is funded so how can i make release it ?

Odesk Live chat is unavailable and they aren't responding my Tickets.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

Why in the world is this thread titled "how dispute against Client"?

You don't want to dispute against a client.

If you start filing disputes, especially for no good reason, that's a fast track to being suspended from oDesk.

If he left his position in that company, but the fixed rate job was funded, there is nothing to worry about?

You did the job, right?

You did it well?

You submitted it on oDesk using the "Submit" payment?

You're done!

Wait 14 days and you will be paid for the full amount that was funded. ($95.00)

You don't have to make him "release" the money. ODesk will automatically release the money.

Sit back, and enjoy the fact that there is almost no chance anybody is going to bug you to do change anything about the project.

This person who left his job? Before he left, he set his email to forward to the person who replaced him in his duties, and he turned over various details of his job the person who replaced him. It will take time for that person to go through things and maybe that person will contact you to ask you to do a new contract for more work (using their own oDesk account, not their predecessor's), or maybe they won't. Don't worry about it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
3 of 4

Thanks for replying Preston. You're correct, in that there doesn't appear to be a need to dispute this payment. If Escrow was indeed funded for this work, then delivering the work and marking the milestone completed will start the clock on the payment release.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
4 of 4

Nafees you are lucky that you have the contact information of the office.

You will get the funded $95. For the other $35 you can ask the company to make the payment. But I am not sure if they will be doing that.
If not you can move on. There are more jobs out there. Instead of waisting time on $35, invest it in another job and you may make double the amount!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS