cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download withdrawal invoice?

Piotr T Member Since: Oct 11, 2017
1 of 13

in my transaction history i can see position 'Withdrawal Fee - Wire Transfer'. but i'm unable to get invoice for that fee.

the question is: is there any way to get that invoice or upwork is receiving money without issuing invoices?

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 13

Hello Piotr,

Unfortunately, there is no downloadable invoice for withdrawal transactions. Thank you.

Untitled
John Mathew Q Member Since: Oct 17, 2018
3 of 13

What's the reason behind? I need to download the Withdrawal invoice since it shows how much we earned in our LOCAL currency whch is needed for me to apply for a loan in my country. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 13

I'm sorry if this option is not available, Mathew. The only invoices for download are the withdrawal fees, and the ivoices for the earnings you've received from each contract. 

You may want to check if you are able to use the Certificate of Earnings (Reports > Certificate of Earnings).

-Avery
Untitled
Nauman A Member Since: Jan 23, 2016
5 of 13

Hi Avery O,

Still not sure when everything is available on Upwork to make everyone's life easier, why the Withdrawal Invoices are not available.

I have faced this issue recently when I requested withdrawal in "Wire Transfer (USD)", when the payment reached my bank they called me to bring the Withdrawal Invoices, there were non available, I then took the Invoices of the payments I earned from my Client(s), they rejected them because they were not showing that the payment I recieved was actually released or transfered by Upwork to my bank account.

I am really struglling because of this issue. Kindly assist in this regard or at least provide a link of a blog or a verification certificate which we can show to our bank and prove to them that Upwork does not provide the Withdrawal Invoices.

Waiting for a favorable response.

Thank you,

Nauman

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 13

Hi Nauman,

I understand the difficulties you're having with your local bank in regards to receiving your funds. Please contact Customer Support with the transaction details and our team will review and provide a payment receipt for the withdrawal, which should help resolve the problem with your bank.

Also, we'd appreciate if other freelancers from your country would weigh in and share their experience, since based on my personal experience this doesn't appear to be a known problem that we hear or are contacted about infrequently.

Piotr T Member Since: Oct 11, 2017
7 of 13

mine problem is: it's a cost. for every cost, you need a proof - invoice. something that allow you to put that cost in your accounting books. it's that simple

Adriana B Member Since: Mar 1, 2018
8 of 13

So...? Is Upwork just not going to provide a solution for European freelancers?

Like Piotr, I have to prove my expenses for my tax return. And if I miss some of them, I will end up receiving a letter asking for all that money, maybe tomorrow or maybe in 2 years time. I cannot just use a screenshot of the transactions page, that is not an invoice and − as you already know − no government or tax office will accept it.

Every time I come to the community forums looking for an answer regarding something that affects my taxes and that can get me in serious trouble, all I can find is a message from Upwork that says something along the lines of "We are sorry this option is not available" − and it's getting frustrating.

Most freelancers are super patient and keep explaining the reasons behind their requests, and Upwork just disregards them.

Upwork is making money off of freelancers and I really don't understand why you keep making things difficult for us.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 13

Hi Adriana, 

I'm sorry if this has been an inconvenience for you. Please contact Customer Support with the transaction details and our team will review and provide a payment receipt for the transaction that you specified. 

-Avery
Untitled
Adriana B Member Since: Mar 1, 2018
10 of 13

Thank you for the answer Avery, but your team is always so sorry that the word is starting to lose its meaning.

Like other freelancers have explained before, this is not a one-time thing. I have to provide invoices of my expenses every trimester and I have just a few days to do so, so if Customer Support takes a while to answer it means I miss the deadline. And even if they provide me with the invoices on time, it's still a pain to have to go through this process every time − I already waste enough time dealing with admin and accounting stuff.

Why does Upwork withhold this information instead of making it available like everything else? Can't we at least get an explanation?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS