cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit my profile?

alexistudor
Alexis T Member Since: Apr 29, 2016
1 of 13

Hi, I am just creating my profile and I selected "software developer" as my job choice (I was a professional software developer for years), and I put some silly text in for "Overview" and I cannot figure out how to edit this.  I've decided I'd rather do proofreading.  I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to remove the "software developer" skill and how to edit my "Overview" and I'm really at a loss. As a software developer myself, and one who wrote a lot of online software,  I'm very surprised that it isn't obvious how to edit this information.  Anyone care to help?  Thanks in advance!

maheshajwani
Community Guru
Mahesh A Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 13

Hi Alexis, 

To edit your profile go to your profile page and then hover your mouse over the overview you will see a small pencil Icon click on that Icon you will be able to add your overview. same for the skill when you hover your mouse over your skills you will see the small pencil Icon in the right hand side click it and add your skills.

and also I would suggest you add your own profile picture instead of the cat. your profile picture must be an actual picture of you Logos, clip-art, group pictures, and digitally-altered images not allowed. 

check out this link and  watch the Video on how to Add Your Profile Overview.

Good luck 

View solution in original post

alexistudor
Alexis T Member Since: Apr 29, 2016
3 of 13

Thank you!  I put a picture of my cat on there just temporarily Smiley Happy

birnbaum-jacquel
Jacqueline B Member Since: Jun 14, 2017
4 of 13

What steps do I follow to edit/update my profile?  The steps outlined in the help feature [account menu, settings, my info] do not give an option to edit any portion of my profile.  My current profile has been approved.

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 13

Hi Jacqueline,

You should be able to go to Find Work> Profile, hover your mouse over the area you'd like to edit and click on the pencil icon that appears in order to edit your profile. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
jenniferelincole
Jennifer E Member Since: Aug 28, 2017
6 of 13

Thank you!

Jennifer
roshni6518
Mst Suriya R Member Since: Nov 7, 2020
7 of 13

I can't edit my profile title with that pencil iconScreenshot 2020-11-07 182346.png

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
8 of 13

Hi Mst Suriya,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are still experiencing the same issue? Please let us know if you need our further assistance. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
mennahassan58
Menna H Member Since: Jul 27, 2018
9 of 13

roshni6518
Mst Suriya R Member Since: Nov 7, 2020
10 of 13

InkedScreenshot 2020-11-07 161145_LI.jpg

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS