cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: How to edit the "Cover letter"

Highlighted
Vadim D Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
1 of 7

Hello everyone \πŸ™‚/ Sorry for my clumsy English.... In general, I am a music composer and recently decided to register on the "upwork" site. Filled all the fields .... looking for work - ok, found and submitted a proposal. But I didn't think that writing "Cover letter" is so important ...
Well, I wrote: "I am ready to compose a great music for your movie! πŸ˜‰". This is all I wrote πŸ˜…..... because the site told me that my page and portfolio will be shown to the client. Then I read, that type of "Cover letter" like mine is very dumb πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ. Guys, here is no button "edit letter".  What do i do???πŸ€”πŸ˜₯😬😯

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
2 of 7
You can follow the instructions below to withdraw your proposal. Then you can re-submit it.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060288-Withdraw-a-Proposal

However, a poor first impression may have already been made. Now that you know a bit more about the importance of a cover letter and what goes into a good one, submit your best every time so that you'll not have to withdraw any more proposals.
Highlighted
Vadim D Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
3 of 7

Thx *)  It's all clear ....but it is so strange why they cannot add an edit button......21 century btw ......

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nia G Member Since: May 3, 2016
4 of 7
There are more bases to cover with an edit button.

For example, what if you edited a proposal that the client already saw? Either the client wouldn't know or there would need to be an alert created so that the client could look at it again. (This would be in addition to maintaining the current withdraw feature.)

On the other hand, there would inevitably be people who abuse the edit button using it repeatedly to fix minor mistakes or to draw more attention to their proposals. This would quickly frustrate clients and perhaps drive them away from the platform.

It's much less likely that this abuse would happen with the withdraw feature since no one wants to write and re-write the same proposal over and again.

It's smart on Upwork's part to have avoided this feature thus far. Our main concern should be writing effective proposals so that we don't need to withdraw or edit Smiley Wink
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
5 of 7

Nia G wrote:
There are more bases to cover with an edit button.

For example, what if you edited a proposal that the client already saw? Either the client wouldn't know or there would need to be an alert created so that the client could look at it again. (This would be in addition to maintaining the current withdraw feature.)

On the other hand, there would inevitably be people who abuse the edit button using it repeatedly to fix minor mistakes or to draw more attention to their proposals. This would quickly frustrate clients and perhaps drive them away from the platform.

It's much less likely that this abuse would happen with the withdraw feature since no one wants to write and re-write the same proposal over and again.

It's smart on Upwork's part to have avoided this feature thus far. Our main concern should be writing effective proposals so that we don't need to withdraw or edit Smiley Wink

Thanks for writing this and saving me the trouble!

Highlighted
SUDIPTA S Member Since: Dec 23, 2015
6 of 7

Unfortunately, you have no other way to edit your cover letter that you have already submitted to the client. There is only one way (If I am right) here to withdraw the proposal and submit again (if you wish) with "correct" cover letter.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
7 of 7

You can't edit a proposal/cover letter that you've already submitted. You will need to withdraw your proposal (cover letter) and then submit the new version. NOTE: It will cost you another 2 - 6 connects to do so. Your best bet, is you don't want to do that, is to learn from that mistake and next time write a much better proposal. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS