cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to eliminate poor freelancers - A positive suggestion

barkersarah
Sarah B Member Since: Apr 30, 2015
11 of 17

It is up to the client to decide whether that person did well or not. That is why freelancers get rated, so other clients will or will not choose to hire them.

bobhuge
Community Leader
Bob H Member Since: Feb 18, 2009
12 of 17

I would normally agree with you, BUT since oDesk is already filtering applications and limiting the amount of jobs you can apply to, they may as well begin to filter what jobs you can see.  Why not go all the way?

If they're REALLY out to help the client, then my idea would surely help client, in my opinion.

digitalattorney
Ace Contributor
Jon-Paul R Member Since: Dec 15, 2010
bobhuge
Community Leader
Bob H Member Since: Feb 18, 2009
14 of 17

@Jon-Paul - I'm guessing someone else came up with this idea first?   You?  lol  Smiley Wink

digitalattorney
Ace Contributor
Jon-Paul R Member Since: Dec 15, 2010
15 of 17

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

@Bob, that's not really feasible because sometimes, well, clients don't really know what they want! I've been hired for several jobs where I didn't meet the clients' requirements regarding location, number of hours worked, etc. 

Plus, like Natasa pointed out, I think we have more than enough filtering measures in place.

Are you saying that if a buyer wants only 4 star and above people, in North America, that he/she should not get only what they are requesting? They should also get what you and 100,000 other freelancers instead want to give them? (which is currently what happens by the way)

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
16 of 17

Jon-Paul, clients already have that filter option when searching for freelancers - there they they can get exactly what they want. I was just pointing out a scenario (when applying for the job) where Bob's idea wouldn't work.

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
17 of 17

it looks like they're actively filtering clients as it is. Assiduously weeding out anything credible, well-paid or worth bidding on to ensure only the dodgiest, most poorly paid and unreasonable jobs ever make it to the feed!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS