🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to enter Doctor of Engineering (DEng) qua...
Page options
jan_naude
Community Member

How to enter Doctor of Engineering (DEng) qualification in the education section?

How do I enter Doctor of Engineering (DEng) qualification in the education section? There is no dropdown list item for this

3 REPLIES 3
df602768
Community Member

Hi Jan,

Congratulations on being a Doctor of Engineering (DEng).

I'm not quite sure of how to manually enter this information into UpWork.

It would be wise, though, to include it on your main profile page.

Either way, from my understanding of how things work on UpWork, very few clients take a look at someone's academic credentials.

Those who do take a look are clients posting specialized jobs and, usually, state that they are looking for a freelancer with a specific academic background.

Thanks for the message Jan! I checked and can confirm your degree isn't currently available.

I'll share your request to include the specific degree on the list with our team. In the meantime, please note that you can select an overarching "Engeneer's degree" in the "Degree" field and select the related area in the "Area of Study" field?

Alternatively, you can leave the "Degree" field blank and add "Doctor of Engineering (DEng)" in the "Area of Study" field, specifying the degree further in the "Description" section.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

I'm happy to share that our team added the Doctor of Engineering (DEng) degree option! Feel free to update your Education details. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback in the Community and helping us better support our freelancers!

DEng.png

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members