🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to filter real project and fake project?
Page options
c5498348
Community Member

How to filter real project and fake project?

Hi everyone.
This is Alejandro working as a developer.
I am new to upwork and started work a few days ago.

The one thing I can't understand here is that many jobs don't have any activity although it was posted 2~3 weeks ago.

How can I filter a real job and fake job?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Alejandro E wrote:

Hi everyone.

The one thing I can't understand here is that many jobs don't have any activity although it was posted 2~3 weeks ago.

There is no way to know if the client will hire or not, that does not make the job real or fake. Don't apply to jobs with a hiring rate below 90%, those are pretty sure to hire when they post a job. Better would be 100%, but those clients are rare. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
melikee
Community Member

I guess you can never make sure 100%
I usually filter “payment method verified” clients, and check their history (hire rate, freelancer feedback etc.) before submitting proposals. Hope that helps.
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Alejandro E wrote:

Hi everyone.

There is no way to know if the client will hire or not, that does not make the job real or fake. Don't apply to jobs with a hiring rate below 90%, those are pretty sure to hire when they post a job. Better would be 100%, but those clients are rare. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members