cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find my proposal for an accepted contract?

Eleanor J Member Since: Mar 9, 2015
1 of 9

Hi everyone,

I have always tried to keep a record of all the communications of my work. I do not keep a copy of all the proposals I submit, but once an offer is made and accepted I have always gone in and created a record of the original RFP, any messages, the offer, the contract and any following communications.  Today I accepted an offer, but can no longer find a link to my proposal. There is a link to the RFP, to the offer and to the contract, but none to my original proposal. 

Where has it gone, or am I just blind?

Thanks

Eleanor

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
2 of 9

I just went into my account and checked.

If you go to your job, then "View Offer" the proposal link is on the right of that page.

3 of 9

Hmmm, but its not!! Strange. That link takes me back to the RFP and the invitation, but not to the proposal.

Thanks for checking though!

Community Guru
4 of 9

I wonder if there's a lag time from acceptance of the contract to being able to view the proposal?  It's definitely hard to get to.

From my account:

"My Jobs--->Job Details--->View Offer--->View Original Proposal

Maybe from these steps you can determine where update is pending.

5 of 9

Perhaps its a lag somehow. That link is there but takes me to the RFP and invitation.

Under "My Jobs" the job is listed under a category "Starting soon" with a date of it starting on April 25, though I do not know why. Perhaps the client also has to accept my acceptance of the contract?

Even under "My Proposals" the job is listed, albeit under "Archived", but that link also take me to the RFP and the invitation.

Nevertheless, I should be able to reach my original proposal, it is a record in existance.

Thanks for your attention.

Community Guru
6 of 9

Oh..I bet that's the issue.

I recently posted a couple of jobs and there is an option to choose a start date.  So I'd assume you'd be able to see your proposal on or shortly after the 25th.

7 of 9

Thank you for your concern and replies.

Chris L Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
8 of 9

I'm in the same boat as Eleanor. When I look at the page for a new job offer I accepted, the only choices in the menu on the right are Messages and View Contract. 

I remember the proposal being fairly easy to find before. I hope they didn't remove that link. I can't find the proposal or the original listing I applied to.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 9

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for replying to this thread. I would like to note that this is a thread from 2-years back. You should be able to see your proposal, by going to your Proposals page (Find Work > Proposal). 

Are you also referring to this job offer? You should be able to see your proposal by scrolling down a little, and checking the "Cover letter" section. Let me know if you referring to something else. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS