🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to flag a client who asked me to deposit ...
Page options
965e4ddb
Community Member

How to flag a client who asked me to deposit a fee for doing a data entry job?

Hi everyone, how can I flag the shaddy customer who made me contact her on Whatsapp right after sending the proposal and then wanted me to deposit a fee to start working for the job? I also want yo report that job and and get back the connects I used to apply for that job. I have blocked that client on Whatsapp and forgot to take screenshot of the chat. Though I have the pdf that she sent me in which it was stated that I need to buy a "premium membership card" or something. I'm afraid that this may affect my stats or profile negatively.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bundie702
Community Member

You're not supposed to communicate with people who are not yet your clients (i.e., an official hire) away from the Upwork platform. Doing so can get you banned from using the site. FYI, 99.9% of the people who ask you to do this are scammers. I'm glad you didn't fall for it, at least.

In order to flag them, click on the job posting. On the right side of your screen (or on the bottom of the listing if you're looking on a phone) are the words Flag as Inappropriate. Click on that, check off the reason, and submit it.

You can check your connects history under the Reports section on the main page. When the job is taken down you should see your contacts returned to you. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bundie702
Community Member

You're not supposed to communicate with people who are not yet your clients (i.e., an official hire) away from the Upwork platform. Doing so can get you banned from using the site. FYI, 99.9% of the people who ask you to do this are scammers. I'm glad you didn't fall for it, at least.

In order to flag them, click on the job posting. On the right side of your screen (or on the bottom of the listing if you're looking on a phone) are the words Flag as Inappropriate. Click on that, check off the reason, and submit it.

You can check your connects history under the Reports section on the main page. When the job is taken down you should see your contacts returned to you. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members