🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to get Job Success Score???
Page options
e142e7fe
Community Member

How to get Job Success Score???

Hello,Everyone,I hope you are having good weekend.:)

I am Danylo from Ukraine and I worked one month on our upwork.

I got 7feedbacks from clients,but Still I don't have Job Success Score.

I am new here and I will appreciate it if anyone describe the reason of this.

I hope our real relationship!!!.

Best Regards.

Danylo

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danylo, 

Please know that your Job Success Score is calculated on rolling windows and the highest score in this rolling window is your Job Success Score. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
PradeepH

Hi Danylo,

Thank you for your message. We update the JSS on a biweekly basis. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. Feel free to reach us if you do not see JSS after completing 8 projects on your Upwork profile. You can learn more about JSS here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your reply.

I got hint from biweely.:)

Best Regards.

petra_r
Community Member

Danylo N wrote:

I got 7 feedbacks from clients,but Still I don't have Job Success Score.

I am new here and I will appreciate it if anyone describe the reason of this.

Sure! The JSS is only calculated every second Sunday late afternoon to evening UTC timezone.

It was last calculated on the 3rd of April, at which time you didn't have enough completed contracts for a JSS yet.

You'll likely get it by tomorrow.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Danylo, you've had a great start, congrats!

You could do a few things to improve your profile, though. 

Your headline should highlight your skills, and absolutely not be about you. Yes, it might be your goal, but it's not the client's goal. The client cares little about you being top rated or not. This is evidenced by people hiring you without even a JSS. 

A good profile is ALWAYS centered on the client and his needs, it is never about the needs or wishes or aspirations of the freelancer. 

Wishing you continued success!

Thank you,Mrs.Martina

My Headline is "I am trying to become top developer here".

What about your opinion? 

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. This is about you and what you want. It should be about your skills. It is perfectly fine to want to become a top developer, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Think SEO. Is a client going to put "I am trying to become top developer here" into his search function when looking for a developer? No. Plus trying is a bad word to use, since it means starting without succeeding. 

It could be something like:

Expert XXX developer

Go on to address the client and his needs. As in:

Do you need XXYY to attract more customers? 

Ask the kind of questions that make the client think: yes, this is exactly what I need. I feel understood. I trust him. 

Further to your overview:

One of Upwork freelancers{​ Name:Danylo 

Don't start like this. There are millions of freelancers on upwork, and everybody reading your profile knows that you are one of them. They also already know your name. 

Start with the needs of the client. What does your typical client need? Be specific. 

Mrs.Martina,I learnt good thing from you today.

In fact,I thought I am not expert yet.:).

The reason I am working on upwork is to have more experience on software development.

Once I finish huge project,I will change.:).

I belive me.

Danylo N wrote:

Mrs.Martina,I learnt good thing from you today.

In fact,I thought I am not expert yet.:).

The reason I am working on upwork is to have more experience on software development.

Once I finish huge project,I will change.:).

I belive me.

Your clients think you are an expert, soooo... change it now, or to one of the options Sushant suggested. Your current headline is really not great. (=bad). 

It's a bad headline.

Change it to - Frontend/Backend Developer | Database Architect or Web Developer | Database Architect

I think these should work well for you.

Sushant B wrote:

It's a bad headline.

Change it to - Frontend/Backend Developer | Database Architect or Web Developer | Database Architect

I think these should work well for you.

This is great! Can I get: Expert Web Developer | Database Architect or Expert Frontend/Backend Developer | Database Architect?

Of course 👍

😣

Mrs.Martina P.

I got JSS today,But My JSS is 84%.

I have all 5 marks feedbacks from my clients.

Could you explain about this?

Best Regards.

Danylo

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danylo, 

Please know that your Job Success Score is calculated on rolling windows and the highest score in this rolling window is your Job Success Score. There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.

~ Avery
Upwork
e142e7fe
Community Member

Mrs.Avery,Thank you,I got hint.

Warm Regards!

😁

The public stars are pretty meaningless. The most important factor is private feedback (rating 1-10), so one or more of your clients didn't give you 10/10. 

mayalee99
Community Member

Greetings,

I have a verified profile with over 9 jobs (in 24 months) had over 3 clients leaving a review and my jobs are a mixture of hourly and fixed projects, I received plenty of invitations and worked for then my profile is 100% complete.
All that, and I didn't receive my job success score yet.
help, please.
Please fix if there is any problem, and if there is a problem with my profile please let me know.
 Thank you.

Hi Mariam,

Thank you for your message. I checked your profile and noticed that most contracts completed in the year 2022 do not have feedback on them. You need to have completed contracts with feedback for JSS. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

A JSS can only be calculated if you have feedback from clients. If you end jobs yourself, most clients will not leave feedback. Always let the client end the contract. No feedback jobs can't count, there is no feedback. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members