cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a Dormant Contract closed - Unresponsive Client

Community Guru
Julianne G Member Since: Oct 21, 2015
51 of 53

Good luck, Jennifer.  be sure to let us know how your JSS is affected, if at all.  Just trying to rationalize how this would work. If you closed all dormants at the same time, it might be better?

Just thinking out loud, if you did it all at once, you'd be relying on your 2-year number, which would be the least affected, until six months from now, when all the non-feedback jobs rolled off your 6-month stats. Then UpWork would use the 6-month stats, which wouldn't have any nonfeedback jobs on it.   On the other hand, if you keep closing a couple every so often, the initial shock might be a bit less, but it would continue to affect your 6-month stats for a much longer time period.  

Right?  Or am I not understanding how the JSS is calculated? (It takes the better of 6 months/1 year/2 years, right?)

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
52 of 53

@Julianne G wrote:

Just trying to rationalize how this would work. If you closed all dormants at the same time, it might be better?

According to Management, "no feedback" does not affect your JSS. It is a pattern of "no feedback" that is higher than "normal" that will affect your JSS. Therefore it would be better to not close them all at once, since the law of averages would kick in.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
53 of 53

@Julianne G wrote:

Good luck, Jennifer.  be sure to let us know how your JSS is affected, if at all.  Just trying to rationalize how this would work. If you closed all dormants at the same time, it might be better?

Just thinking out loud, if you did it all at once, you'd be relying on your 2-year number, which would be the least affected, until six months from now, when all the non-feedback jobs rolled off your 6-month stats. Then UpWork would use the 6-month stats, which wouldn't have any nonfeedback jobs on it.   On the other hand, if you keep closing a couple every so often, the initial shock might be a bit less, but it would continue to affect your 6-month stats for a much longer time period.  

Right?  Or am I not understanding how the JSS is calculated? (It takes the better of 6 months/1 year/2 years, right?)

It takes the better of 6 months/1 year/2 years. I think Upwork is using my 6 months because I have a dispute and 2 cancellations with my 1 year and 2 years. So, this mass closing should affect my 6 months. The only thing that will screw up my personal test is if I get someone who hates my work and rates me poorly or for whatever reason the people I just closed contact with come back and don't rate me well.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS