🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to get first client
Page options
monday-musa
Community Member

How to get first client

How can I get my first client in upwork?
I have registered since 2019, I have not do any project.
I need help.
I am graphics designer.
I create and design business card, logo, flyers, wedding card, invitation card and greetings card.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Monday,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles
to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
TiffanyF
Staff
Staff

Hi Monday,

Thanks for your message. I'm Upwork Success Partner and an independent professional on Upwork for more than 6 years, and I'll be happy to share a few tips on how you can improve the marketability of your profile:

1. I noticed your profile is 100% which is awesome!  However, I do see some areas you could improve so here are some tips:

• You should not have your email address in your profile overview. Since communicating outside of Upwork raises risks for talent and clients in our community, there was a change to Upwork's Terms of ​Service in 2020 which requires all pre-contract communications to take place on Upwork and no contact information to be shared before a contract is started.
  • Currently, you have one specialized profile. To ensure all of your expertise is captured using the features of specialized profiles, you might want to consider adding an additional specialized profile to showcase your skills. You can review a list of all of the options here to help you select the most relevant one. You can have up to two of these profiles which can help you show off different areas of work and market to specific types of clients.
  • Your profile overview is short compared to the average.  Consider crafting your overview as a pitch to prospective clients.  You can arrange information to make it easier for clients to scan, for example, you could have your introduction paragraph and separate paragraphs for skills and experience. You can also use bullet points to help organize your lists. Expand on services you offer, what you’re most passionate about, and mention specialized software/ tools if appropriate. Other examples of information you can include are past accomplishments and projects, preferred working style, and your business’ values.
  • To give a clear impression you’re the person the client wants to talk to, here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview.

2. Take the Upwork Readiness Test. Passing the test is required to be eligible for the Rising Talent program. If you need additional background before taking the test, read this help article.

I encourage you to visit the Upwork Events page for past and upcoming educational events. It might help you learn more about how to get started and be successful on Upwork.

As for your question on how to write proposals, you might want to listen to the Proposals That Sell recorded webinar that might help you understand how to write custom-tailored proposals and grab the client's attention.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tiffany F. | Upwork Success Partner

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths