🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to get hire as Freelancer
Page options
01b2f40f
Community Member

How to get hire as Freelancer

Hello Comrade, I got my profile set up and got 100%, have applied for a couple of jobs here but still, my profile seems not working. Any help?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

For one thing, don't call anyone "comrade". Use your real name in your profile (unless you have official ID that says your name is "Aftech Network Engineering"?). Replace your profile photo with one that makes you look more approachable. Also, rewrite your profile overview in your own words, otherwise clients will notice that your written English doesn't match the level in your overview. Go through the learning paths to get more information: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-To-Upwork-102/Crafting-Your-Profile-Title-amp-Overview/ta-p/1084...

I would recommend turning off your "Available Now" badge as well. I don't think that it helps new freelancers, so you're wasting your money. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Aftech, please modify your Summary into 3 or 4 short paragraphs and add your Portfolio before applying to Jobs. Have a great day!

Hey William, thank you for your advice. Could you please check my own profile as well?

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

For one thing, don't call anyone "comrade". Use your real name in your profile (unless you have official ID that says your name is "Aftech Network Engineering"?). Replace your profile photo with one that makes you look more approachable. Also, rewrite your profile overview in your own words, otherwise clients will notice that your written English doesn't match the level in your overview. Go through the learning paths to get more information: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-To-Upwork-102/Crafting-Your-Profile-Title-amp-Overview/ta-p/1084...

I would recommend turning off your "Available Now" badge as well. I don't think that it helps new freelancers, so you're wasting your money. 

Thanks for your input Christine, Could you please check my own profile as well?

Thank you, Christine.  I really appreciate it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths