🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to get identified on Upwork as thousands ...
Page options
ae5c794b
Community Member

How to get identified on Upwork as thousands of freelancers are there?

Hi everyone!

How to get identified on Upwork as thousands of freelancers are there?
Is there any place for newbies on Upwork?

4 REPLIES 4
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Yes, it is difficult but not impossible! All the experts here were new at some point!

You need to focus on building your profile. Put some work experience, put info about the training received what applications and software you are familiar with. You definitely need more samples for your portfolio.

Bid often, bid only the jobs you are 100% confident of delivering, you can filter the results where clients are looking for beginners or entry-level freelancers.

Ashraf K,
Thanks for your kind feedback. Agreed with you. 

All the experts here were new at some point! and yes it's difficult but not impossible!

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "How to get identified on Upwork as thousands of freelancers are there?"

There certainly are not thousands of freelancers on Upwork who do what I do.

Maybe that's your problem?

Maybe you are not different from thousands or tens of thousands of other freelancers on Upwork?

Maybe that means you don't stand out. There is no particular reason to hire you versus hiring one of thousands of other freelancers who offer the same services, yet have more experience (longer job history).

Let's take a look at your profile headline:

"Graphic designer | Shopify developer"

Hmm... There are logs of generic graphic designers on Upwork. Upwork doesn't need any more of them. But Shopify developer? That's sounds promising...

Maybe you can be a "Shopify developer with strong graphic design skills."

That is somebody I might want to hire as a client.

But I do NOT want to hire a graphic designer who watched a couple Shopify videos on Youtube.

If your profile page better identified what in-demand skills and services you provide to clients, that would help.

Preston H.
Now, I've understood where I was wrong. Thanks for having a look at my profile and providing your valuable feedback means a lot. Highly appreciateSmiley Happy 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members