🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to get identity verified for my regis...
Page options
c967ea07
Community Member

How to get identity verified for my registered company in India

Hello Team,

I have connected my registered company as freelancer in Upwork. I have uploaded my personal Photo in the profile. Now I am facing issues in identity verification. Since the ID we need to provide should match Photo as well as name. Kindly guide me how I can provide a govt ID with my photo and company's name (that seems not possible). I have shared company's financial information already in Upwork

Kindly help

Thanks,

Vocademy Solutions

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Vocademy S wrote:

I have connected my registered company as freelancer in Upwork. I have uploaded my personal Photo in the profile. Now I am facing issues in identity verification. Since the ID we need to provide should match Photo as well as name. Kindly guide me how I can provide a govt ID with my photo and company's name (that seems not possible). I have shared company's financial information already in Upwork

You should never have created a profile in the name of a company, which is explained clearly during the process of creating your profile.

A profile must always be about the freelancer, not some company, and all details must refer to the person, not a company.

You need to take some time to figure out how Upork works and then change your profile sso it reflects you, the person. You will them be the only person who can use that profile and take jobs under that profile.

If you then want a company to have a team work on contracts, you will have to add an agency profile and all the people who will work under that agency.

c967ea07
Community Member

Appreciate your response Petra. 

Creating a registered company (in India) is a personal preference and does not essentially mean I have multiple employees or freelancers working for me. It is more to do with the leagalities and proper tax processing. Simply put, I am a freelancer who has a company registered that is my business identity.

Also I do not think Upwork has the restrictions which you have suggested in your post. I may be wrong and will update for Upwork reply on the same. The reason of mw sayinh this is that Upwork asks for GST registration number for Indian freelancers. GST number is associated with businesses which have turnover in millions and one has to register a legal entity (eg company) to continue to work with turnovers so high. Again the data I am sharing is with respect to India 

Concept of Agency (in Upwork) is entirely different and has no relevance to my problem. If I will not be able to create a freelancer profile with company name, I am sure I will not be able to create an agency with it as well. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vocademy,

I checked and it seems that you already have a support ticket for your verification. I will follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks Aleksandar. Looking forward ot the solution

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths