🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to get more invites on Upwork and Profile...
Page options
mukti1990
Community Member

How to get more invites on Upwork and Profile views

Hello Everyone,

I've been an active freelancer here for almost 4 years. When I started out, I was given the Rising Talent badge, and as soon as I was eligible for it, the Top Rated one. During these years, every time I would mark myself available, I would get dozens of views and invites, including from talent managers. Life was good.

Some 3/4 months ago, I had a big drop in both profile views and invites. Like I would get a couple here and then, but it was such a major change. And now, over the last month, it just stopped completely. I get 0 invites and no profile views. I'm puzzled as to why this is happening. Ever since I started out, I have had all 5-star feedback, 100% client recommendations, 100% job scores, long-term clients and long-term contracts, etc. I can put a check on every bullet point Upwork says it's important for your profile visibility, but for some reason, I still fell into the dark side of the algorithm, and I can't find any help to reverse this situation.

I've contacted support about this, and all their suggestions are stuff that I already have maxed out on my stats!

Of course, I can send proposals, and I have my long-term clients who regularly reach for more work, but still, this was a major game changer, as the fact that I got invites really made Upwork a worthy place to work, despite the bigger fees. And I sure worked hard to keep that level of satisfaction among my clients!

anyone has some hints as to why all of a sudden all invites and profile views went to a halt, even though I kept all my stats intact?

Thanks,

Sumon

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Sumon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are not getting any invites or offers. Please know that we are not privy to how clients choose the freelancers they're sending invites to.

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Sumon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are not getting any invites or offers. Please know that we are not privy to how clients choose the freelancers they're sending invites to.

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork
15b8ab81
Community Member

entially address the situation:

1. Algorithm Changes: Online platforms like Upwork often update their algorithms to ensure fairness and quality. It's possible that recent algorithm changes have impacted the visibility of your profile. These changes can sometimes affect even well-established freelancers.

2. Market Saturation: Depending on your field, the competition among freelancers might have increased, leading to more profiles vying for attention. This could result in reduced profile views and invites, even if your profile is strong.

3. Seasonal Trends: Freelancing platforms can experience seasonal fluctuations in terms of client demand and freelancer availability. This might be causing the drop in invitations and views.

4. Platform Updates: Changes in the platform's user interface, navigation, or search features could affect how clients find and interact with freelancers.

5. Niche Focus: If you've recently specialized in a more narrow niche, your visibility might decrease since your profile would be shown to a more specific set of clients.

6. Keywords and Tags: Make sure your profile is optimized with relevant keywords and tags that clients might use to search for your services.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths