🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to get more then 6 connects if i don'...
Page options
qaisar-rehman
Community Member

How to get more then 6 connects if i don't want to buy.

Hi , I am new at upwork and when I come to upwork I got 6 connects to submit my proposals and then I apply for video verification but the Upwork team email me that you don't need any kind of video verification yet , we can told you later if it is required . Now , I use my all 6 connects and now I have not any available connect to submit my proposal , so can you guide me how I can get more connects if I don't want to buy connects . If i don't want to buy connects then how many connects i can get in a month , this month i got only 6 connects from upwork not 60 connects. In the google i see that new freelancers get 60 connects in a month , but i am here from 2-3 months & from the start i got only 6 connects. Can you guide what is the issue ?. How I can verify my account ? . How I can get 60 connects in a month if I don't want to buy connects .

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hira, 

I checked your account and can confirm that you have been credited with the free 20 Connects on 15-February when your registration to Upwork was approved. You can check your Connects History by clicking on the View Connects History button in your Membership & Connects page. 

Please know that we moved to the paid connects system last May 2019. As such, freelancers on the Freelancer Basic Plan will not receive free Connects anymore. Connects need to be purchased and are sold in the following bundles:

• 10 for $1.50
  • 20 for $3
  • 40 for $6
  • 60 for $9
  • 80 for $12.

Purchasing connects can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase connects with a credit card or prepaid card. Additionally, if you have a balance on Upwork you can use it to buy Connects. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

When  will you give connects for free ... again?

Ekaterina I wrote:

When  will you give connects for free ... again?

Hopefully never, but they give them for free to new accounts.

How it will give to customers a better service and products?

Paid connects means fewer applicants for each job (good for freelancers) and more quality applicants, since those applying tend to think more carefully about whether they're a good fit before using up connects they've paid for (good for clients). This is why a lot of freelancers think paid connects, as long as they stay priced low, is a good idea.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths