🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to get my money back from Upwork?
Page options
kruzie
Community Member

How to get my money back from Upwork?

If a user’s account is deleted, but the amount of money remains on it, what happens to them, are they returned to the user, or is Upwork taking them for himself?

8 REPLIES 8
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kostya,

If you're referring to suspended accounts, depending on the reason and type of the suspension Upwork disburses the funds either to the account owner or back to the billing source.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
kruzie
Community Member

That is, the client will receive the money, or the freelancer will receive the money, cannot upwork keep the money for himself? The reason for DELETING the account, as I understand it is incorrectly executed documents, as I understand it, there is only one attempt to send them correctly, if they are unsuitable = your account deleted. Support wrote that the money will be returned to the specified payment method, but my friend dont received it. How long does this procedure take? Month, Year, Never?

Hi Kostya,

Please refer to Vladimir's response about what generally happens if a freelancer account is permanently suspended. Unfortunately, we won't be able to further discuss your friend's specific situation here in the Community for privacy reasons. Please, refer your friend to the notifications they received from Upwork about their account status. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

This is a forum, not a support ticket at the moment I am interested in upwork policy, and the timing of the refund, I gave a friend, as an example, I wonder what will happen if I get into this situation. My question to community: How long does it take to refund after deleting an account

petra_r
Community Member

Kostya S wrote:

Support wrote that the money will be returned to the specified payment method, but my friend dont received it.

That means the money goes back to where it came from (the CLIENT'S payment method)

And no, the money is not kept by Upwork.

kruzie
Community Member

Hello *******, the funds will be returned to the original payment method. Thank you. - That is, they will return to the client, even if user has already passed the pending stage and received them??

petra_r
Community Member

Kostya S wrote:

Hello *******, the funds will be returned to the original payment method. Thank you. - That is, they will return to the client, even if user has already passed the pending stage and received them??

Yes

sharonliu
Community Member

Have you tried, paying yourself, to transfer money from your Upwork account, to your bank account? There used to be an option, for this.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members