» Forums » Freelancers » How to get order
Page options
abut2269
Community Member

How to get order

please help me

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christine A wrote:

Most of the services that you're trying to provide would require much better English skills than you possess. For example, if somebody is looking for a freelancer to help improve their CV or to do translations, they will want to hire someone whose spelling and grammar is perfect. You should work on improving that - there are plenty of free online courses - or else only bid on projects that don't require fluent English. (You have marked yourself as "fluent" but "basic" would be more accurate.)

Christine is right. Let's work on that "Transtaletion English to Franch".

Best of luck with everything.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
bharadhan94
Community Member

Bid on the projects that match your skills.

I send proposal of my available connect . My profile is 100% completed. I get 4.5 score at readiness test . I stay online all the time .But I can not get any job. What can I do now? If I can not get any order within 3 months, my profile will be blocked from upwork team . Is this the rules of upwork ? Please give me advice.

Designer T wrote:

If I can not get any order within 3 months, my profile will be blocked from upwork team . 

This is not true.

But unless your parents had a sense of humour and named you "Designer" Upwork WILL take action because your profile violates the terms of service.

You profile must be in your real, legal name as it appears on your government issued ID documents.

Thanks I just add designer for user name. But I was unknown about this. Thank you so much for reminding me . I will change this. 

Is there any way to change user name?

Hi Monira,

There is no option to change your username, but should be able to change your name on your Upwork account. I encourage you to check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you so much for your kind information.

No, there are no option to change user name.

Agree

kinector
Community Member

Have you found the Resource Corner yet?
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Most of the services that you're trying to provide would require much better English skills than you possess. For example, if somebody is looking for a freelancer to help improve their CV or to do translations, they will want to hire someone whose spelling and grammar is perfect. You should work on improving that - there are plenty of free online courses - or else only bid on projects that don't require fluent English. (You have marked yourself as "fluent" but "basic" would be more accurate.)

Christine A wrote:

Christine is right. Let's work on that "Transtaletion English to Franch".

Best of luck with everything.

thank you

good

Is there any free course on this platform that can help me to gain more knowledge about freelancing?
7b0eadda
Community Member

You can send the proposal properly. And fast reply. Then you get an order.

d_weerasingha
Community Member

Try to understand your clients first. Start with small jobs with limited proposals. New clients have a high chance of choosing you.

Boost your online working confidence by taking the Upwork readiness test. Describe how you plan to solve the client's problem in your job proposal. In reality, a job is a client's problem. Select jobs with which you are comfortable and confident.

The job criteria can help you understand the client's requirements. Present your qualifications according to the client's needs. From feedback, find the client's name and address him by name.

For each client, create a unique proposal. Ensure that you address your client in a friendly yet professional manner. Keeping it simple and honest is the best approach. You'll soon find a job.

d173df1a
Community Member

By sending proposal with good cover letter.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths