🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to get paid if I am US Citizen, but Live ...
Page options
bb81ef8e
Community Member

How to get paid if I am US Citizen, but Live in Russia now and don't have US bank Account

1. How to get paid if I am US Citizen, but Live in Russia now and don't have US bank Account, only Russian one.
  2. System doesn't allow me to add my Russian Bank account 
11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alina,

To learn more about our available payment methods click Here. Once you go to Settings > Get Paid > Add Method, you will see the available options in your current location. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I don't want to add paypal, I want payment direct on my bank account, but I can't add Russian one. Why? Only because I am US Ctitzen, Is there any way to add Russian bank account? 

Hi Alina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Alina... why don't you go ahead and get a U.S. bank account?

With that, you can withdraw money from Upwork at no cost. Zero fees.

I don't have it, I live in Russia

Most U.S. citizens living in Russia have U.S. bank accounts.

If you take some time to look into this, it would benefit you.

I can't open bank acount there from Russia

Preston, you need US address to open US bank account - if you don't have it - you can't open US bank account

petra_r
Community Member

Sanja D wrote:

Preston, you need US address to open US bank account - if you don't have it - you can't open US bank account

Not necessarily but Preston has been recommending this for years and has had it explaimed over and over that it's neither that simple nor free of any fees to then actually get the money whereever the person in question may live, but that appears to have made no difference to that unbridled enthusiasm to keep repeating it.

imadovich
Community Member

Hello Alina,

I am facing the same problem as I could not add my Russian Sberbank account , I am wondering if you found the clue, please advise me if you did. thanks 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Imad, 

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing when you try to add your bank account so that we can advise you accordingly? Please include the screenshot of the error message i9f you're seeing one.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members