🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How to get paid using my company name and...
Page options
lisamaech
Community Member

How to get paid using my company name and checking account

I'm not sure if this is in the correct location, but I'm trying to reach Customer Service as the notice directs me to do, to request a "manual review" of my checking account name.

I have an S corp where all my billing and payments are processed. I need Upwork payments to go there also. After adding a new checking account I was presented with the following:

What to do if the names don’t match:

Contact Customer Support by clicking here to request a manual name review. In some cases, name discrepancies can be resolved by us. Those scenarios are:

• You are using a company bank account – To complete verification you may need to provide personal identification as well as one of the following:
    • An original bank statement showing the company name, as well as your name.
    • A business license showing your name and the company name.
    • Articles of Incorporation showing the company name with you as an authorized agent/owner.

So how do I contact Customer Support? Clicking on the link for "here" takes to search articles and then leads me here. NEVER am I given an option to contact Customer Support.

I want to request the Manual Name Review and provide the documentation listed above. Can anyone give me more information?

thanks in advance

42 REPLIES 42
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Lisa,

We will have one of our agents reach out to you directly to help assist you with this request.

~Nina

Thank-you. I would apprcciate that. Past jobs were paid to me personally but now I need it to go to my company. I will wait to hear from someone.

I am actually having the exact same issue. If you could help me out, that would be wonderful! Thanks!

Hi David,

We'll have a member of the team get in touch with you about adding a company bank account.

~Nina

I finally got some success with my request. And they have completed the process. Apparently they did some work on it 2 days ago but no one ever let me know I needed to verify minimal bank account deposits to activate the account. So this evening it was all fixed. Hope they get your fixed also.

am still waiting for someone to contact me about this. I am working on a project and I nedd to ensure the payments are processed correctly

Lisa,

We will follow up on this and make sure someone reaches out to you.

~Nina

Do I need to pay and upgrade my account to get some help? Because I am still waiting for someone to contact me about this, and I'm getting a little tense about it. People tend to get that way when it comes to their money you know. It's been 5 days. And you told me twice that someone would contact me.

Does upwork need to contract to some freelancers to help with customer support?

When I originally tried to get help for this, the help articles said I would see a contact button but apparently my account or my question doesn't qualify for that option. Will I get better response if I pay and upgrade my account? 

What is the next step for me? I mean, on the 23rd you said "directly".... is there another definition for directly that means "maybe a week"?

Hello Lisa,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. I just made another follow up to your request. Our team will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Untitled

Hi Ryan, I finally received an email about an hour ago and apparently they made minimal deposits to the business account 2 days ago. I wouldn't never have known to go over there and verify those without the email. Thanks for lighting a fire.....somewhere....Smiley Happy

I also have similar requirements. Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Ketan Jariwala

Hi Ketan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our agents already followed up and shared additional information. 

If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up directly on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I m facing the same issue here. Can anybody reach out and help me out.

Hi Anciletech,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with this, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I am in the same situation and I need a manual name review of my company. Can you please have someone reach out to me so I can send them my articles of incorporation?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Cisco

Hi Francisco,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Francisco G wrote:

I am in the same situation and I need a manual name review of my company. Can you please have someone reach out to me so I can send them my articles of incorporation?

Before you do anything else, you need to change that (awful) stock photo to one of yourself, as you will have some difficulty verifying your identity and the fact that you are the person in your profile picture when you get ID verified...

@anciletech S wrote:

Hi,

I m facing the same issue here. Can anybody reach out and help me out.

No point. Your profile will not be accepted as it is anyway, it must be in your own, personal, real name and with your details, not those of an agency / company.

I am in this same situation now. Can I get someone to help me out?

Hi Cecilia,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
burakgztk
Community Member

Can you also help me with same situation?

Hi Burak,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a5410145
Community Member

I also having the same issue, can someone help ? 

Hi Baris,

To set up payment, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. Check out this help article to learn more.

~Andrea
Upwork
a5410145
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for reply, I have already read the article. The thing is I couldnt find any means of communication/ticket to resolve the "be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business" part.

Hi Baris,

One of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
9508c601
Community Member

Hello,

i'm also trying to connect my company bank account to get paid. I'm not sure am i supposed to fill W-8BEN-E or it's only for personal accounts? Also, to make those payments completely "legal" i would have to make some kind of invoice for each of them, not sure how to do that neither?

Thank you

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your message. Yes, you will need to update the W-8BEN as you will be adding the payment method on your freelancer account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for answering. But i'm still not sure which name to use, as my company name is different than my personal name, of course. So even when i tried to add bank account, it was rejected with message "The beneficiary name is mismatched."?

Regards

Hi Vladimir,

Arjay here stepping in for Pradeep. To set up payment, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork.

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update in your email as well with more details and instructions on how to solve the issue. You may access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9508c601
Community Member

Thank you.

Your support was very responsive and helpful!

Best Regatds

c317e9ca
Community Member

I have the same problem. are there solutions so far ? 

Hi Simon,

Would you mind sharing more details about the problem you're experiencing? Looking at your account, there's no mismatch between your payment method's name and your name on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c317e9ca
Community Member

For the moment no because I didn't want my money to be stuck . I have my
company based in Brazil which is magnum with bank accounts and everything
but if I put the company's account I'm sure it will cause problems.
c317e9ca
Community Member

Could you help me pleas ? i can give you papers showing its my company but i have no account in the company on my name ... wich is required from upwork 

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your message. You can add a payment method under your company as long as submit supporting documents to prove that you are listed as a signatory or authorized to receive payments on the company payment method. Our team will reach out to you for this clarifying after you add the payment method to your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I did what you said, changed my payment method to my business account, what now? 

Thanks for the help,

Simon Dozin

Hi Simon,

At the moment, the beneficiary name is mismatched. Kindly allow our team up to four days to check on this. If they need more information, they would reach out to you with more information on how you can get this payment method active.

~ AJ
Upwork
c317e9ca
Community Member

Hi, It's been more than 2 weeks now and no sign of live on the side of upwork. I have some job incoming and would like to make this happen. Can you please help me better with this ?  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths