🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to get paid when hours are added to a con...
Page options
nteetzel
Community Member

How to get paid when hours are added to a contract

Hello, I have a contract that I was paid for ... then the client wants me to do extra work and asked that I just add the hours to the same contract.

That worked out ok - I added 7.3 hours manually - and I see them listed under - "Time & Earnings"

So my question is how do I get paid?

I don't see anything I can do on my end ... does the client have to pay for those added hours?

Thank you!

Nick

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"Last week" = Feb 7-13

Work week ended on Feb 13 (Sun). Client has until Feb 18 (Fri) to review hours. If the client does nothing, then you get paid the next Wed, Feb 23 (or maybe Tue night).

Note: Manual hours are not eligible for payment protection, so if the client disputes any of that, he wins by default and you won't be paid. Hopefully, that won't be the case. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you add hours, the client DOES NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING.

You get paid automatically for the time that you log.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Manual hours are paid on the same schedule as tracked hours: workweek ends on Sunday, client has until the following Friday to review, you get paid on the Wednesday after that.

Let me see if I have this right - I added 7.5 for last week - the client had until Friday to approve those hours - and if he does nothing - I automatically get paid the following Wednesday.

Does that sound right?

"Last week" = Feb 7-13

Work week ended on Feb 13 (Sun). Client has until Feb 18 (Fri) to review hours. If the client does nothing, then you get paid the next Wed, Feb 23 (or maybe Tue night).

Note: Manual hours are not eligible for payment protection, so if the client disputes any of that, he wins by default and you won't be paid. Hopefully, that won't be the case. 

You are so AWESOME - that makes sense now!

Thank you so much!

Nick

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members