🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to get place in Top Page for Freelancer S...
Page options
jaiswalr
Community Member

How to get place in Top Page for Freelancer Searches

Hi Support,

As people get benefited to have the top spot on Google.

Do the same apply in Upwork as well?

If yes, please suggest how to achieve Top Page Search results for my profile as well in SEO.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Robin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robin J wrote:

A response to a question should properly not be with a counter-question 😞

Anyway, as per your question, it should be based on the Longevity, JSS, Number of Contracts, Number of hours worked, etc should be some of the defining factors....

Rest, I was looking forward to the answer in positive terms so that it can be improved... and if that is your final reply...accepted.

If clients want somebody who has a good JSS, a certain number of hours worked, etc., etc., then they can set up search filters to get those results. But since there are millions of freelancers here, there will still be hundreds or thousands of freelancers who will fit those criteria, so there's still no guarantee that you'll be at the top of the list.

Upwork rotates the search results to give everyone a chance, because everyone would like to be at the top of the list - not just you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Profie visibility is rotated so everyone gets a fair chance, but the better your metrics, the more often you appear nearer the top. 

jaiswalr
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your taking out time and responding.

I wish to inform that I have been associated with Upwork, since the time of oDesk.

Here, I never find myself to be on top of Upwork. So, I dont understand the point you put forward.

Can you please take few minutes and can respond after reviewing my profilehttps://www.upwork.com/fl/robinjaiswal ..what is lacking to get #1 on Upwork.

Incase my pic does not appeal to be professional I can even change it too..

Regards

Robin

petra_r
Community Member

Robin J wrote:

Here, I never find myself to be on top of Upwork. So, I dont understand the point you put forward.

Let me turn the question around....

There are literally tens of thousands of freelancers in your category. You are (just) top rated, as are tens of thousands of others. Thousands with a higher JSS.

What makes you think you should be appearing higher than the other thousands of freelancers?

jaiswalr
Community Member

Anyway, as per your question, it should be based on the Longevity, JSS, Number of Contracts, Number of hours worked, etc should be some of the defining factors....

Rest, I was looking forward to the answer in positive terms so that it can be improved... and if that is your final reply...accepted.

Robin J wrote:

If clients want somebody who has a good JSS, a certain number of hours worked, etc., etc., then they can set up search filters to get those results. But since there are millions of freelancers here, there will still be hundreds or thousands of freelancers who will fit those criteria, so there's still no guarantee that you'll be at the top of the list.

Upwork rotates the search results to give everyone a chance, because everyone would like to be at the top of the list - not just you.

jaiswalr
Community Member

Hi Petra,

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Robin

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members