Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get relevant Interviews?

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1 of 13

why am i getting irrelevant interviews for skills which i have never mentioned? i am not UX/UI designing,print designing, writing etc..i only want interviews which are pretaining to my fieldSmiley Sad

and upwork should make an option of setting a budget for interview offers too..it is sick too see too many low budget interview offers as well...

and does declining interviews in some way effect the profile or JSS?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 13

@Rahul V wrote:

1) why am i getting irrelevant interviews for skills which i have never mentioned? i am not UX/UI designing,print designing, writing etc..i only want interviews which are pretaining to my fieldSmiley Sad

2) and does declining interviews in some way effect the profile or JSS?

1) Ask the clients.

2) No it doesn't. It did not last time you asked the same question, and it still doesn't.

You start new thread after new thread after new thread after new thread about invites to interviews.

The advice is always the same. If they really are such a massive problem for you, it has been explained to you over and over again how you can make them stop.

I really don't understand why they seem to be such a HUGE deal for you. I get lots of invites to interviews, many irrelevant to what I do. So I just click on "decline" and they are gone. No big deal. Others are exactly what I do at my rate. So I accept those.

I don't see how it's a big eough deal to prompt anyone to go on and on about relentlessly, over and over again.

rolludesig
Community Guru
3 of 13

(1. how can i ask the client i decline them straight away the question is cant the clients see what i am proficient with? 

(2. it may not be a huge deal for you but for me it is ...i expect to get relevant interviews only and my another question is can i mark some sort of budget for interviews also so i am not sent invitations for low payings jobs..

petra_r
Community Guru
4 of 13

Rahul, you are an expert in your field. You are top rated with a great history and great feedback.

Clients are not necessarily educated about the specific nuances of each category.

Say I want to get something designed. I kind of naively think that this means I need "a graphic designer"

So I cheerfully hop on my search panel and punch in graphic design. Now the system can not read my mind and understand what specific type I want so it throws up people who do graphic design. As a client I don't / can't possibly know all the details. I might see your profile, think, "oh I want a design, he's got "graphic design" on there, I'll invite him."

You make it sound like those clients are insulting you. That's why I am patient with clients who invite me to translate languages I donÄt speak. They are not malicious. They just think they need a translator ...

@Rahul V wrote:
i expect to get relevant interviews only

Don't you see how that is a bit unrealistic? Clients are human beings, and they are not experts in the specific niches we work in. They might not need us if they were, you know?

If irrelevant invites irritate you so much, you can stop getting invites altogether.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 13

if you ask the same thing 50 times, maybe you'll get a different answer. We're at 48 with this guy.

rolludesig
Community Guru
6 of 13

it doesnt matter until i get proper clarification about it.

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 13

@Rahul V wrote:

it doesnt matter until i get proper clarification about it.

How much clearer does it need to get?

You whine when you don't get invites, you whine when you get invites...

If you don't want the invites you're getting, STOP GETTING THEM.

So, so simple.

Thread after thread after thread after thread about the exact same thing is just so utterly pointless

rolludesig
Community Guru
8 of 13

but problem is atleast i should get invites which are relavent to me writing print designing, UI/UX design ,tshirt designing is not my fieldSmiley Sad

rolludesig
Community Guru
9 of 13

okay fair enough will try to be little more patientSmiley Happy thanks for the adviceSmiley Happy

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
10 of 13

Well your profile makes use of the word 'design' quite heavily, so it's not too far of a stretch to think that you might get invites relating to designing and print designing. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS