Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 13

okay but no where did i mention print designingSmiley Happy

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
12 of 13

Well yeah, but when it comes to recommended entries, it's unlikely the algorithm is advanced enough to insert quotation marks as a search operator within sentences.

So if you say you have 'extensive experience in logo design relating to cats' then you're going to show up in all searches where people are looking for logo designers. You'll probably also show up in all searche related to cats, as long as it;s still in the design category. So cat drawings, cat-related stationary design etc. At that point, you'd probably say 'why do I keep getting invites for 'non-cat related logos?' or 'non-logo related cat design?'. Sure, you'll be top of the list if anybody is actually searching for cat related logos... but if the search terms had to be exact, then you wouldn't show up in searches for:

'Considerable experience in logo design relating to cats'

'Extensive experience in logo design relating to felines'

If that makes sense?!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 13

@Rahul V wrote:

okay but no where did i mention print designingSmiley Happy

No, of course you didn't, but the client likely searched for Graphic Design, not Print Design. To a client's mind a graphic designer does graphic design, how should the client know that "print design" is a different thing....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS